161 - 170

Chapter 161: Moving to Song Manor

"This slipper orchid is well taken care of," Master Song's attention was attracted by the flower that Li Xiangling gave him.

"I raised it myself. It's not worthy of Uncle Song's praise," Li Xiangling replied humbly.

She had kept it for a few years. She left it with a friend who knew how to take care of it back in Beijing. Yesterday, she went out of her way to take it back.

Yun Xiangxiang felt a twinge of pain as she looked at the pot of orchids. Slipper orchids may not be as valuable as ghost orchids, but it is still a rare species.

Li Xiangling was worried that Yun Xiangxiang was feigning perfections. After all, there was a great gap between her background and Song Mian's background.

She was concerned that Yun Xiangxiang ignored the Song Family's harshness toward her because of how great Song Mian was. That was why she needed to see it for herself.

She could never tell her parents that she was dating at this age. Xiangling was worried that she might be over compromising.

This pot of slipper orchid was raised when she was in high school. She even brought it along with her when she moved to Beijing from her home when she furthered her studies. Her love for it was undeniable.

However, she gave it away today for Yun Xiangxiang. Normal gifts would not cut it when they came to the Song Manor. Xiangling did not want Yun Xiangxiang to be looked down upon.

Master Song accepted it when he knew that the plant was raised by Li Xiangling herself instead of something that was bought with big money.

He brought them to the garden happily once he found out that Li Xiangling's grandfather loved planting.

"Heavens!" Once she stepped into Gui Yi Courtyard, Song Meng was astonished. "This is too pretty!"

It was like how a god lived if she could live here every day. She would never step out of the door for her life if she could.

Master Song personally put the slipper orchid Li Xiangling gave him in the orchid garden.

"I have never seen any place that has such a complete collection of orchids," even Li Xiangling was surprised.

Her hobby was actually taking care of plants, especially orchids. She had never thought that she would see a place with a complete collection of orchids in her life.

This garden had a curious arrangement to it. The temperature of every corner was different.

The layman would never feel the change if it was not dramatic. However, she was attuned to this naturally.

The difference in temperature, soil, direction of the sun which the plants are facing, humidity, among others was why flowers grew in abundance here.

"Hahahaha, we'll prepare a feast of flowers for you this afternoon," Master Song happily asked the head butler, Song An to do it.

"Really? Just like that one on Xiangxiang's WeChat moments?" Song Meng's eyes lit up.

Master Song liked Song Meng's straightforwardness. He nodded smilingly, "The flowers change with the seasons though."

Naturally, the dishes would be different. Master Song was also worried that Yun Xiangxiang would get tired of it.

"Can we tour around the garden? And can I take some photos?" Even though Song Meng was a bit rough, she still knew where she should pay attention.

Any woman would love such beautiful flowers. Even though she was not exactly pretty, it still could not stop her from loving to take selfies.

"Tour and shoot as you please," Master Song did not mind.