Day 4-November 18-Sunday

"Alex!" I heard my dad exclaim.

My head snapped up from my phone. "What?" I snapped.

I was smiling like crazy since I was texting Michael. We'd been messaging each other since yesterday when he texted me first. Michael kept sending flirty texts and I just sent him smiley faces. My boyfriend---ex boyfriend, Zack had broken up with me last night saying he was seeing one of my friends Jennifer behind my back. I was sad and when I told Michael what had happened he made me feel better. After getting comfortable with him I basically texted him my whole life story.

I was so into the problems in my life that I wasn't thinking about asking Michael what was up with his. I only knew he had a little sister name Tessa and he lived with his grandparents. I didn't even think to ask why though.

"I've been saying your name like ten times," Dad said with a sigh.

"Sorry." I set my phone down on the dining table and took a sip of my ice cold orange juice.

"Now what did you need to tell me?"

"Well Seth and I are going up to the middle school to get him registered. Afterwards---"

I cut my dad off. "Wait, Seth is staying here permanently?"

Seth looked at me and smiled.

I rolled my eyes in a playful manner. I was actually glad because there was a time when I felt lonely without having my little brother bugging me by my side. But I was a little curious on why Seth wasn't going to be living with my mom and her soon-to-be happy family.

"Dad, can I talk to you?" I asked, standing up.

Dad set his coffee and Sports Illustrated newspaper down and stood up. I led him to the hallway.

"What is it, Alex?" Dad asked.

"Well I just wanted to know why Seth is going to be staying here for his eighth grade year. Are you going to get full custody of him?"

Dad shrugged. "I don't know. Your mother just thought it'd be best if Seth stayed here for a while."

"But why?"

"Look, Alex, Seth is going to be living with us for a couple months so if you have a problem---"

"No, I don't have a problem . . . I'm just a little curious that's all," I said.

"Okay, well Seth and I will be registering him today and then we're going to the mall with Wendy and Erica so he can get a few things. You have no choice but to come otherwise you'll be grounded."

"So?" I shrugged.

"Meaning no cell phone!" Dad stared at my hand which had my phone in it.

I groaned and stalked out of the hallway. I walked to the living room and jumped on the couch.

'So pissed right now!' I texted Michael.

'Why?' He asked.

'Because I'm going to the mall :('

'Uh...ain't that a good thing??'

'No cause I'm going with my neighbor Wendy and her rude daughter Erica.'

'Is Erica the girl who came with you and Erica to the lake?'

'Yep'

'She's hot ;)'

I sighed and didn't reply. I closed my eyes hoping to take a nap only to be woken by Seth jumping on me.

I groaned and shoved Seth to the floor.