Chapter 37: Touch you illegaly

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💜
___________________________________________________

Note: Listen to "My time" by Jungkook of BTS for a better experience.

Yoon's POV:

"Are you my son's wife?".

This sentence slapped me out of nowhere. I didn't see it coming, even for a moment, that this man standing in front of me now is Jungkook's father.

The same father whom Jungkook cried on my chest because of him.

Now I know who reminded me when I saw him. The resemblance is great, but I was stupid.

"Ye-yes, sir", the answer came out of my mouth with difficulty because I suddenly didn't know how to react anymore.

All I know is that Jungkook and his father don't get along completely.

The man's gaze moved from me to what is behind me, and before I turned around, I heard Jungkook's angry voice, "what are you doing here?".

I spun around, startled, to meet Jungkook's presence looming behind me.

His dark long locks are damp, tousled against his forehead. Clad in sleek black pajamas, his furrowed brows betrayed the anger he harbored, etched with a fierce determination.

But it was his eyes that held and intensity burned within them, a silent storm raging behind the calm exterior.

"Jun-Jungkook... my son", the man said weakly as soon as he saw Jungkook's figure. And I know only one thing I've been able to feel.

A remorseful father tries to mend his relationship with his son, whom he loves. The looks of love he gives to Jungkook are crystal clear.

Jungkook stood beside me and he immeditately held my hand and squeezed it tightly while intertwining my fingers with with his own, but I knew he is nervous when I felt his hand shaking.

Despite his attempt to convey assurance, the faint shake revealed his underlying nervousness.

"I know I came without telling you beforehead but I really want to talk to you son", Jungkook's father said.

Jungkook clenched his jaw tightly, "I have nothing to talk to you about".

I don't know why I suddenly dared to intervene when I turned to Jungkook, and I whispered, "Jungkook... he came from Busan just to talk to you... please don't return him disappointed".

Jungkook was just looking into my eyes but he wasn't able to say anything.

I remembered that night when he came back broken after talking to his father, so it was clear that he was not ready to be broken again.

"Jungkook, son, please do not deprive me of you and your family... your wife seems to be so kind and I'm...-".

Before he could finish his words, Jungkook interrupted him in an angry tone, "that's enough... and don't think about talking to her or getting close to her again".

"Jungkook son...-".

Jungkook interrupted him again, "your weak little son doesn't exist anymore... so I hope you turn around and leave quietly... there's no chance of me talking to you about the past anymore".

Jungkook's hand tightened around mine so hard that it hurt, but I didn't say anything. He relies on me so that he doesn't become weak in front of his father. But I feel that somewhere, there is Jungkook who wants his father's affection and love for him.

The man reached a point where words failed him entirely.

Without a second thought, he turned back on his heel and left, unable to contribute any further.