Chapter 4

Skye's first instinct was to run away. But no, that would make everything seem suspicious. So instead, she held her ground and responded, "Excuse me, what did you say?"

"What do you want to wash?" she asked, getting closer to both of them. It was as if she didn't really care who they were.

"Wash our hands, dummy," Kaya said. She was such a good liar, an improviser. How did she do that? She was just... so good at it. However, at some point, Skye knew it would get annoying.

"What about your friend?" the girl asked, nodding her head to Skye. "Does she agree?"

"Yeah, I do," Skye replied, crossing her arms as if she were annoyed.

The girl that stood in front of them was probably an inch or so taller than Skye. She had auborn-reddish short hair, just below her shoulders. Just her standing there, she gave off a sort of sense of wittiness, yet hatred.

"Then what are you hiding behind your hands," the girl asked, getting closer to Kaya.

"Nothing," Kaya said.

Skye could see how tense her friend was getting, and so she tried to make the girl's attention swerve.

"What are you doing in my room, anyways?" Skye asked the girl.

"What is she doing in your room?" she said, pointing to Kaya. "They assigned us all rooms, you know that? We have to stick with our assignments."

"Get out," Skye said, stomping forward. She was getting angry. It felt so weird, especially since this was probably one of the first times she had ever felt such a strong emotion, besides hatred.

The girl seemed startled, but then laughed. She shoved Skye into the wall and proceeded to making her way over to where Kaya stood. After doing so, she asked her oncemore, "Show me what your hiding, or I'll shout for everyone to come and help me see what it is."

Kaya pursed her lips. It was obviously true, what the girl said. So she shakily brought out the bloody knife. The girl's eyes widened, and she quickly began to retreat to the doorway, probably afraid they were going to kill her. Skye quickly jumped in the way so that the girl wouldn't be able to tell anyone the lie about them murdering the other woman.

"I won't tell anyone what I saw if you let me go," the young girl said, frantically trying to get past Skye.

"How do we know you're telling the truth?" Skye asked, eying her suspiciously.

"Please! I promise I won't tell anyone!" she said, and Skye could practically see the tears running down the girl's face.

And that's what triggered it.

Skye suddenly saw flashes before her eyes, of a young girl crying and begging her to do something, just like this girl. Skye stumbled back, clutching her head and gasping. It was so... it felt so real.

This gave the girl her chance to escape. She quickly shoved past Skye, escaping through the halls until her figure was no longer visible. Kaya quickly ran after the girl, the knife no longer in her hand.

Skye slowly recovered from her flashback, gaining full composure once more, however no longer having someone to block.

She was alone once again.

"Kaya!" Skye called, looking for her only friend.

Nobody responded.

The flashes started coming back, and it felt like shards ripping through her head. She cried out of agony, using the beautiful wall as something to keep her standing. However, she ended up ripping the wallpaper into shreds. She gasped, falling over and clawing at the air, trying to get air inside her lungs. She was choking... she couldn't breathe. Flashes... so many flashes.

Different images as well.

A girl begging for something. A man chasing her. Rain falling on a screaming figure. And the one that caused her the most pain... a huge window shattering above her, the glass finding its way through her skin.

It was too much to bare, the screaming and torture.

She felt her gasps slowly turn to heaving. And then all of a sudden everything stopped.

There were no longer flashes or images. In fact, she could barely remember the images that had gone through her head. She got up from her position, and soon found out that she was cramped. She had been sitting there for longer than she had expected. Taking in a shaky breath, she slowly guided herself to where her room was, and sat on the bed. She couldn't do anything... no. She was simply too shaken up.

As she took in deep breaths, she didn't seem to notice something slowly melt from the wall, a knife in hand. In fact, she barely had enough time to turn around before she was tackled.

She screamed, trying to shove the figure off of her. They were somehow blurred, so she couldn't make out their features. All she could see was the fact that they held a shiny silver knife.

Grabbing the figure's arm that carried the knife, she twisted it so that the figure's agonized cry was heard throughout the area.

And then they melted away into the floor.

About a minute later, an exhausted Kaya came through the door.

"You okay?" Skye whispered. She could barely find words that would come out of her mouth.

"The big question: Are you okay? You suddenly started screaming and thrashing like someone was attacking you."

Skye nodded, not wanting to explain what had happened.

"Did... did you manage to persuade her?" Skye asked.

"She made me do a condition for her, one that she will reveal later on," Kaya explained.

Skye sighed.

At least they probably wouldn't be getting into some sort of trouble.

"Anything that happened while I..." Skye's voice trailed off.

When Kaya responded, her face darkened, and her words were so quiet that Skye could barely hear anything she was saying throughout the huge room of which was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"On my way back here, I counted at least twenty... dead."