Chapter 7

Ophelia

"FIRE!" I screamed my lungs started to clog up. "HELP M-" before I completed my words I busted into a fit of cough. The room was quite bit, the only reason I was not dead yet. I tried to move towards exit. Unfortunately for me the it was blocked but the fire too.

I was standing there in the heart of the inferno, the flames all around me. Demons looking viciously towards me like a warm delicious meal about to be served. I tried running away, but the hungry fire tried to have a taste of me to. As if the large property was no enough for it's appetite. "The back door" voice in my head shouted. It was not the voice of thought, it was a voice of survival. Desperately clinging at the last breath just to make it out alive, I ran and ran.

Until something hit my head. Pain. I still ran there was so time to stop and check on it. The door. I see it. Pain. I have to make it to the door. I tried reaching. My leg got stuck in something. I fell. Pain. My hands hitting uselessly in the air trying to find something for support. Pain. I found something. Hot. More pain. Something fell on my face I yanked it out as quickly. My face was burning now. My stomach started to burn suddenly. Pain.

Black

I was swimming in a pool of water, with swans and daisies and my favourite daffodils. A butterfly sat on my bare shoulders, I smiled at it.

Black

A garden of statues of lovers holding hands, giving roses and cherishing there love, Siblings that were fighting for toys and sweets, hugging eachother out of pure love. Grandparents and relations of what not.

Black

SNAP. The voice of the rubber band rang around the room. My wrists were red close to bleeding. I stop the snapping and took out the rubber band.

What did my mother said? Even a drop of royal blood is too precious to spill. She said this when I was found with blade in my room.
"Then we should stop our periods to" I replied. Pissing her off. "maintain dignity Ophelia, young women like you should keep yourself in check"
I scoffed at the sheer nonsense of a sentence she uttered. She left my room slamming the door behind her.

I smiled at the memory. Always fun to talk to my dear mama. I looked at the mirror again. The object that made me remind of the accident. That happened years ago.
It's didn't only burn my body. It burned nt life. My relations. My beauty. My worth.

"I'll get my worth back. I have a plan." I reassured myself . I applied some herbal cream which will dim my scars a bit.
My cheeks. My forehead. A scare that started from my chest and went on like a slash mark to my waist. I applied the herbal cream on every small scare I found.

My hands rubbed my bare body so vigorously that is started to become read. I want the ointment to reach my soul and ease the burn marks there. A pain that has not been forgotten for years. I closed my eyes letting my tears fall.

The tears went on the ground. Where my life lay shattered. I lay broken. Those tears seem to fill every gap of that broken and burnt soul. I swallowed my misery cleaning my face and practicing to smile. My scared cheeks rose up as my lips. I widen my eyes trying to make them look alive. Scared that someone might see the dead soul past them. Just a little bit of eyeliner it would look alive again. Dabbing the red tint on my lips I went towards the gates of my prison called chamber.

Dead girl staring, I heard these line few years ago but I repeat it in my head daily. Each time i catch my own eyes, I think, Dead girl staring. Each time I am denied a normal existence, Dead girl staring