Chapter 6

This made absolutely no sense at all, Yes. I had been attacked. Yes, I had almost died within minutes of stepping on the island but Rylie had said that we weren't there anymore. We are on Hallows crest, Followed by important people. Everywhere.

Important people are everywhere, how am I meant to stay away from them if that's all I'm surrounded by. I sigh and place the letter down into my desk drawer and stand. I crane my head to look at the door, sensing someone was outside. I drop back down into my seat and slam my hand down onto the fragile wood.

None of this made any sense. Who was she? Where did she come from? How does she know all of that?

I sighed, placing the letter down for the 10th time as I relayed my thoughts onto the piece of parchment next to it. I clenched my fingers around the tip of the table and leaned back, groaning as I stretched out my too-tight limbs from sitting around for the past 2 hours.

A knock echoed around the space as I yelled softly for the unknown person to enter my private space.

Rylie appears in the doorway and a crease forms between her brows as she takes in whats on my table and I fight back the urge to scramble for the letter and parchment that is set right in her line of sight. Her eyes fly to mine, confusion lining her face before she takes a long breath and hands me a bottle of water. I narrow my eyes, still not fully trusting her, I mean. She did drag me out of a forest while i was unconscious. I cant help it.

She made a sound of annoyance and slammed the bottle on my desk, startling me slightly and i place my pen down softly over the parchment and reach for the bottle. Rylies eyes on me the entire time.

I un-cap the bottle and slowly tip the entrance into my mouth, Everything tasted fine so i shrugged and took a long sip before re-capping the bottle and placing it back down, far more gentle than Rylie had. Conscious the wood could crack under the weight.

Rylies lips pulled into a tight line and she dropped her eyes.

"Call me if you need anything."

She spoke tenderly and i almost felt bad for doubting that she wouldn't kill me.

I push down the feelings and nod, picking up the pen once more and placing it between my fingers.

As soon as i heard the door slam shut i read over the passage once more, looking for any encryption of sort.

I shut my eyes and tried thinking back through the training my father gave me.

The language the fae speaks, any sort of encryption guide, any code names.

Absolutely nothing. I read through the passage once more and looked for any words in their known language,Ilada.

I sighed, not finding anything. I quickly wrote the passage on the other side of the parchment in Ilada tho. Maybe it will help me in the future. Who knows!

I thought back to the island I first ended up on. The island's name was Iladish, Elsum meaning "Magic" In a way. I knew why it was named magic. The whole island was filled with fae who wielded all sorts of magic.

After writing up the passage and extra thoughts in Iladish i placed the pen down and folded the letter back up and placed it into my gown pocket alongside the parchment.

I closed my eyes, my vision going blurry as i stand up far to quickly. My stomach cramped and i widen my eyes. I hadn't eaten since the party yesterday and i've been locked in my room trying to decode this letter.

I place my hands out infront of me and walk over to the door, slowly regaining vision.

I clasp my hand around the knob and tug it open, the metal screeching along the door frame making me cringe as I step through.