Chapter 6

Min Ji started driving home while listening to some Jazz to remove the sad feeling out of her. On the way she got a call from her mother. Min Ji picked it up happily and said, "Ohh eomma! What's up! How have you been?"

Her mother with a happy voice replies, "I have been a good daughter! How are you? How's your internship going?" Min Ji replied, "It's going goof eomma! So why did you call?"

Ha Jin, her mother answered, "Well I just wanted to remind you to come to the family dinner tomorrow, grandma misses you a lot!"

Min Ji sighed and bit her lower lip and after a pause she replied, "Eomma, you know Yeodongsaeng (Younger sister) doesn't like me being around."

Ha Jin, knowing her concerns, said, "Don't worry, she is going on a trip tomorrow evening, so at least drop by when you are over from your duty! It's been a long time since we have seen you! Please!"

Min Ji sighed and answered, "Okay since she is not there I will come, now I will end the call since I'm driving."

Ha Jin replies, "Ah okay daughter! Get home safely and don't forget to eat, I will end the call." Saying that she ends the call.

Min Ji whispered, "Why do I have to hide or be distant from everyone I love! This power is more like a curse than a boon! I truly hope tomorrow will be better."

Next Day

Min Ji got ready for the day and cheerfully went to the hospital. Reaching the hospital she goes to the cafeteria and gets herself some breakfast after quickly having her breakfast she went to visit the young patient. After checking out on how he was and informing his mother that he is doing as he should for now she went to the round.

Seeing Ko Seung Tak she greeted him cheerfully and said, "Hey Seung Tak! What's up! A good morning isn't it."

Seung Tak just ignored her as he was not in the mood, because he just came to know he was awake till Seung Jo woke up and what all he did.

Min Ji then continues talking, "Well I visited Seung Jo, looks like Prof. Cha was with him till he woke up. Isn't he the best?"

Seung Tak sighed annoyed and asked, "Did you not understand what I said? Or was I not clear enough?"

Min Ji, seeing him annoyed, replied, "No you were clear enough, it's just that I wanted to try being your friend again, but I won't trouble you with this again I promise! Bye!" Saying that she walked away from Seung Tak and went on with her day.

In the afternoon she decided to meet Se Jin, seeing her worried she decided to ask something about her father, as she knew he was the reason why she is so down. She then decided to help her and said, "If I make sure that even if your father dies his soul would get peace will you promise me to not skip your meals again?"

Se Jin gives Min Ji a small smile and says, "You don't have to come up with such methods to make sure I eat Min Ji shi, I will make sure I eat on time from now on."

Min Ji who was being serious just smiled it off and said, "Oh that's good! Or else I would have to act as a shaman. Anyways I will get going now, make sure to have your lunch."

Saying that she went to the VIP room and told the guards that Se Jin sent her for some work and she won't do anything bad.

Saying that she went inside and greeted the old man's soul. Seeing her greet him, he surprisingly asks, "Do you see me?" Min Ji nodded and replied, "Well I heard you don't have enough time, how about we play a few games of Go?"

The old man laughs happily and asks, "Young one, you know how to play that?" Min Ji smiles confidently and starts to set up the game replies, "Well I'm confident enough to be in a tough match! I used to play this a lot with my grandma when I was young, I still play with her but not often."

The old man nodded and sat down excited about playing the game. They started playing and while playing he asks, "So do you see that Doctor Cha as well?"

Min Ji nodded a yes and said, "I can see every ghost, I came from a family of shamans, but I can't let anyone know that, if I do, humans will stay far from me while the dead or half dead would come to me for their personal desires."

The old man nodded and curious about something asked, "So why did you come visit me?" Min Ji smiled and answered, "To give you some peace before you depart, how much ever time you have I will come play with you daily till then, oh and I can make sure you get peace when you reach up there, that would make your daughter and Prof. Cha happy."

The old man laughs loudly and says, "Oh you are a good girl aren't you, well can you do me a favor, till Prof. cha doesn't regain his consciousness can you take care of my Se Jin? She is very lonely right now, I would like for her to have someone like you around."

Min Ji smiled brightly and said, "Of course! I will be with her till she doesn't push me away!" Saying that she showed him a thumbs up and smirked and said, "Well for now it looks like I won!"

The old man looks down and is shocked to see Min Ji defeated him and nods in appreciation and says, "Well how about one more round?" Min Ji was about to say yes but she got a call from her department and she had to leave.

Prof. Cha, who was hidden, came out and said, "Ah she is a weird one." The old man looked at him and said, "But a true one! She is a very honest person! If you ever wake up make sure to teach her well! You know she defeated me in Go, for me she is more useful to me than you."

Prof. Cha clicks his tongue in reply and says, "Yeah yeah, I will do as you say! But you see I will defeat you once before you leave."