Shooting

I sucked in a breath, holding in a scream as my shoulders were grabbed. I'm going to die.

"Artemis!" Paul hissed, holding my face in his hands.

"Paul..." I put my shaky hands on his.

"You're okay, you're safe," Paul said, putting his forehead on mine.

"Artemis, are you okay?" Harry asked, knocking on the door lightly.

"I'm fine. Just a nightmare," I said as Paul tensed up, looking at the door and then the window.

"Do you need anything?" he asked,

"I'm good, Harry. Thank you for worrying...don't tell Charlie, please," I said, scooting back so my back was against the wall.

"I won't. Try and get some more sleep. Charlie asked me to take you out shooting tomorrow." Harry said before heading back to bed.

Paul raised an eyebrow at me. I scooted over a little, motioning for him to sit next to me. He came over, though there wasn't enough space, and it was uncomfortable. He hesitated before lifting me up, setting me in his lap, and wrapping his arms around me. I tensed up, and he did too, but he didn't move. I let out a shaky breath and leaned back against him. He's warm...not like James. I flinched at the memory.

"Sorry-" Paul started,

"Don't move...please..." I whispered, my voice cracking.

"I won't. Want to lay back down?" he asked, tightening his grip around me.

"Not yet...how have you been?" I asked, running my hand over his arm.

He's not wearing a shirt...or shoes.

"Where are your shoes." I frowned before he could answer.

He just shrugged. I tilted my head back to look at him. I raised an eyebrow.

"Outside. I've been good. Missed you...Scared." Paul said, putting his chin on my head as he squeezed me.

"Well. I'll be here. If you need me, I'll come. Day or Night." I said,

"...Promise?" he asked softly,

"Promise. If you ever need me to kick Sam's ass, I can. Or Jared's. If they give you a hard time," I said, adding the last bit in case what I said upset him. Sam is his Alpha.

"Might take you up on that. Definitely going to get shit later," Paul chuckled,

"No more growing," I muttered, closing my eyes.

"I'll try not to. Sleep." Paul said, being careful as he slid down with me so we were lying in bed.

...

"Holy Shit," Seth said,

"Language, Seth," Sue scolded,

Sue, Seth, and Leah were watching from the porch as I shot at some targets. Harry sat up in the backyard. I was hitting the middle or around it.

"No bad, you don't need any practice at all. Next time we go hunting, you're coming with." Harry said as he patted my shoulder.

"Promise," I said, looking up and holding my pinkie out.

"Promise," he laughed, hooking pinkies with me.

Oh. I forgot to do that. 

"Do you think you can bring me to Paul's sometime? I forgot to tell him something." I said as I made sure the gun wasn't loaded.

"He's mostly at Sam and Emily's place. But I can do that. As long as you promise not to punch Sam." Harry said, holding out his pinkie.

Lame. I stuck my tongue out but hooked my pinkie with his. He gave me another gun to try shooting with. It was a handgun this time and easier to shoot. It's easier to hit the target when I think of it as his face.

"Can I try?" Seth asked, running over to us with a big grin.

"No/Why not." Sue and Harry said at the same time,

"He is too young," Sue said, giving Harry a look,

"Sorry, squirt, when you're eighteen," Harry said,

"What's the worst that could happen?" I asked, getting up and looking at her.

"Someone could get hurt."

"We will be behind him. I can help him with it. I'm stronger than Harry," I said,

"You were just in a car accident. You shouldn't even be doing this." Sue frowned at me,

"Sue. Pleeeaassee," I gave her my best puppy dog eyes. Charlie could never say no.

"...Fine." she sighed,

"Thank you!!" I grinned at her,

Harry, Seth, and Leah were looking at me in disbelief.

"Alright! Let's get shooting!" I skipped over to change out the targets.