𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞

「𝑻𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒚 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕」

                 ─── ─── ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Thousands of years ago, seven seats opened in Celestia and the gods on Teyvat waged a long and bloody war to claim those seats. This conflict is what we today know as the Archon war. Gnoses were rewarded to the gods who emerged victorious from the crusade. In the midst of that battle, what one thought to be an outlandish divinity, would cross paths with the one of calamity. That very outlander would later attempt to conquer him, for the sake of her own witty enjoyment.

𝐉𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐱𝐢, 𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑺𝒖𝒏
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─── ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Your body ached a bone deep agony, panting hardly, the exhaustion has began to nibble at the edges of your vision... But even then, you couldn't allow yourself to let your guard down.

Not when all you could hear was the distant roaring of gods clashing around you.

With your right cheek covered in silver liquid, you let out a deep sigh, dismissing your polearm you had summoned and attempted to steady your breathing. You closed your eyes and faced the sky, though it took you a moment to recollect yourself. Your heartbeat was banging in your head, making it harder to bear with the situation at hand.

'That was a close one' you thought. Never had you ever imagined that you'd be in this kind of situation. Well, it made you realize the crazy things some individuals were ready to do just to be able to dwell on a floating island. Pathetic.

Ever since that stupid war had begun, the gods seemed to have lost all their rational capacities, so obviously you had no choice but to always stay alerted.

The only reason you were fighting was for your own security. You had no interest in getting a seat at Celestia again, regardless the situation. Too much work, food and drinks were disgusting and just overall way too stressful. It wasn't like you ever tried to comply to Teyvat's laws anyway. Some 'Heavenly Principles' telling you what you should or should not do? In their dreams.

Feeling the raindrops fall onto your face, the blood's warm sensation started to dissipate and the metallic scent grew weaker. You let out another sigh.

2000 years had passed ever since you had set foot on Teyvat. Regret wasn't the right word to describe the longing you had for your homeland. But even if you went back... you didn't want to think about it.

'Damn you...' You mumbled to yourself.

The feeling of insecurity and regret engulfed your mind, letting it wander off to obscure places, yet you decided to stop being so miserable in such merciless times. You had to stay strong. That's when you caught yourself fiddling with that strange chess piece again. It made you feel safe, and gave you the illusion of inner piece.

You remember now...you had only turned 8 when they gifted it to you and from then on you had ascended on a whole new level. You knew that it was the most valuable possession you had ever owned in your life and that the gods were fighting over the ownership of similar artifacts. Deciding it would be safer to keep it hidden, you dissimulated it under your clothes.

"Tch."

Then, it started with a mere chuckle, yet you couldn't help but erupt into an hysterically fit of laughter, pointing at the once divine being, his silvery strings of flesh clinging to his scattered body, likening him to a snowman melting in his own fluids.