6.5: AN IMPOSTER AND A COLLAR

October 10th, xxxx (Night)

IN BOUTS OF A fitful sleep, Alpha North concluded a strategy for the whole sticky children situation. A pretty shitty strategy but a strategy nonetheless. It's no wonder the nagging headache he slept with woke up with him.

Groggy, he flickers sleep crusted eyes open to find two Alphas in the room, one hovering above him, the other leaning against the door, arms crossed.

"It's evening already, North Star. Wake the fuck up," with pausing, the waker who turned out to be Alpha Ulo River continued, "Some of us are going to the bar lounge, you know, to take the edge off. Come with."

Rubbing sleep from his eyes, he yawned, stretched and rolled away, glancing over Ulo's buzzcut head to the mute Alpha watching.

She catches his eye and says, "Manor Alpha wants to talk to you about the proposal," sharp angular stern face shines when she smiles. "I still can not believe you will make her brother your mate. A constellation marriage. How cool is that?"

"Believe me, I'm jealous of you, man. But you can not argue with what's written in the stars."

Pause for effect and then, the trio laughed.

"Give me a moment to freshen up. Be right down."

"No problem, take your time."

The reflection staring back at him in the mirror looks feral—haggard, no thanks to his crumpled suit. He shouldn't have slept in it.

Bloodshot eyes, face painted with sleep and untidy hair, he made quick work of rinsing his face, finger combing his hair before tying it back with a hairtie.

But as he leans forward on the sink appraising his reflection, he feels something isn't right, is missing. Musing, his sight lands on the crooked tie and rumpled suit. Ah. It's the suit.

Made a feeble attempt of ironing it with his hands but of course, nothing straightened. In fact, he thinks he made it worse. It'll have to do, he convinced himself as he knotted the loosened tie.

He meets sleepy, bloodshot eyes in the mirror and thinks of something blue but chuckles, waves it off and rifles through the medicine cabinet for his headache and was thoroughly disappointed when all he sees are herbal medications.

"North Star, I didn't mean to literally take your time," Alpha Ulo River, a.k.a Rivers raised his voice. "Those drinks won't drink themselves."

"Nor would the girls fuck themselves."

"Nor would the girls fuck themselves," he echoed.

Swallowing the pills and hoping for the best, he appeared and Alpha Regina—a.k.a Regent—loops an arm around his neck and ushers him out. Taller than his six two that when she bounced on her toes, it seems as though she'll hit the high-beamed ceiling.

Precious can understand their excitement. The bar lounge—a ten minute walk/two minute drive—is owned and operated by the Constellation Pack, a sort of haven hangout for local or itinerant Shifters either looking for a permanent refuge or a fun place to loiter without the pressure of humans stifling presence.

When two or a lounge of Shifters come together, there is bound to be a riot. A party riot. And when the Alphas are in town—he subtly shakes his head—everyone regrets something the next morning.

"Golden boy!" Regent exclaims, arms spread wide when they see Alpha White Gold sitting at the fully stocked wet bar nursing a drink. He hides a wince when she slaps him on his back.

"Drink up. Then join us for a drink and a fuck! We're going to the lounge!"

"Some drinks and some fucking," River boy corrects, grinning. "What do you say?"