Prom

I forgot about her. I had been dragged off outside of the gym, in front of the school, where no one was around.

"It's good to see you again," Victoria said as she caressed my cheek with the back of her hand, a soft look in her eyes.

"I couldn't say the same." I glared at her, Edward! Please be the one time you can hear me!

"You can't say you didn't enjoy it. I saw the look on your face," she smirked, grabbing my chin and making me look at her.

She was there?! Why the hell didn't she do anything? Wasn't James supposed to be her mate?

"It was a surprise when I didn't feel anger, just amusement. Now, I'm glad I didn't tear you apart. You have pieces of him...well. I'll come back for you later," Victoria said, brushing her fangs against my neck before she left.

I slid down against the wall. Didn't Rosalie get it all out? 

"Artemis, what's wrong?" Alice asked as she kneeled beside me, hand on my shoulder.

"It's still in there. He's still in there." I said, pulling my legs to my chest and looking at her.

Alice looked up at Jasper instead of denying it. Oh god. They lied to me!

"Alice!" I yelled, 

"You're going to be okay, Artemis. Nothing's going to happen to you." Alice said softly, putting her hand on my cheek.

I glared at Jasper as I started calming down. I don't calm down this fast.

"How do you know that? You can't even see me, which I don't get either. You see, Bella," I said, looking back to her.

"...Carlisle's trying to figure that out, too. Edward will let Charlie know you'll be staying the night with us." she smiled softly at me,

"Fine," I muttered, holding my arms up to Jasper.

"Pretend to be asleep," Jasper chuckled as he lifted me into his arms.

I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. If he weren't so cold, I would really fall asleep.