Prolouge: Chapter 4

Title:
Regrets And Two Other Saviors

Akio sighed as his ship landed in the port. He have been sent to the Kajiki system to check on some things that have been reported by the workers here, apparently there some troublemakers causing issues here. Why they have to send Akio to deal with it was beyond him.

He exited the ship and made his way into the town, he saw that there were a few people here and there, not too many were out though. But then again it was an odd time of the day, they were probably doing some other better things than wandering outside.

Akio wished he could be back at the base and do some other better things than this. Besides, how is he going to find these troublemakers anyways? They could be everywhere.

"Get back here, you brat!", a voice suddenly yelled out of nowhere.

Or maybe perhaps it was going to be easier than he thought it would be? Akio followed the yelling to find out what the heck was going on. But it looks like he came into the situation a bit too late.

Someone or somebody ran into him, Akio was able to remain calm and somehow didn't stumbled backwards as he grabbed the person who ran into him to keep them from tumbling backwards.

The person then stared at him with wide eyes, "I'm so sorry", the person apologized.

Akio scoffed at the apology, "Well, it looks like you have something way more important to worry about other than apologizing", Akio told him not looking at him.

The said person then gulped and turned around as he hears more footsteps. Akio recognized the others surrounding them as workers of Jark Matter, perhaps the person he's holding right now was one of the troublemakers they reported?

"Akui", one of them addressed Akio as he smiled as usual.

"What's the issue here?", Akio questioned nicely, he placed a hand on the target's left shoulder tightly but not really tight to hurt him but also enough to put him in place, and also making sure they didn't try to flee or anything.

"They helped steal things from the governer's storage", the other one told him as Akio 'oh'ed at what he was told.

Akio finally took a glance on the thief, they looked quite rough to be honest. Not in the best shape as well they probably had a good reason for trying to steal supplies like that. But to be honest, they actually looked quite goodlooking and handsome-. Wait! Focus Akio! Remember why you were here in the first place!

"Leave them with me, I'll handle with the rest", Akio finally stated.

The workers or.. Guards?.. Well whatever they are nodded and left. Akio took this as a chance to take in the thief handsome appearances more. They seemed uncertain of what to do now that they've been caught.

Akio decided to ask their name to make them feel comfortable, "So, what's your name?", Akio questioned.

"... Spada...", The thief now known as Spada answered but Akio could feel he was hesitant about it.

"And what exactly were you stealing?", Akio asked next.

"F-food..", Spada stuttered as he answers, as Akio raises an eyebrow at his stuttering and answer.

"Hm? Why? Do you not have enough?".

Spada nodded at his question, "The governor is very strict on food and... Never leaves enough for us. Causing us to starve a lot..", Akio twitch his eyes in anger at the answer but still kept his smile on his face.

He will definitely would love to have a word with that governor later. Starving people is something that's not alright, especially when there are starving children, animals, and people. He had never approved of this. Thinking that people are useless to them just because they are too weak to do anything, so it makes sense that they're doing something against it because of it.