-chapter 2-

It's finally arthur first f1 race after he ended p8 in the qualifying session the day before ..he was relieved  , sitting in his car discussing the final strategy plan before it was time to go on track to get ready for the race  " listen just focus and dont overthink.. you got this "- said Christian to him patting his helmet  " i will, i think i got this "- replied the boy smiling from behind his helmet  not knowing that Sebastian was there watching him deciding to leave it as a surprise for his son  " he's talented "- said a voice from behind seb causing him to turn around  " lewis? Arent you supposed to be in your car?"- smiled seb asking his friend  " i will be shortly... had to go to the toilet "- chuckles lewis  " i will be  honest.. i am nervous, i mean yes i was a driver myself but seeing my own son in one its nerve wracking "  " sebby... he got this " " i know, i just hope nothing bad happens to him .. hes my only child "- sighs vettel sr before bidding his friend goodbye returning to the paddock box .

The first 10 laps went peacefully as no crashes happened but not until lap11 when esteban and valttri took eachother out causing a yellow flag without a safety car  " arthur , its a yellow flag sector 2 be careful slow down"- he heard over the radio  " copy.." - arthur replied focusing on not losing his position as he's currently p7 after overtaking webber  , meanwhile the two ferraris are dominating the  race so far with carlos p1 and Charles p2 following them max p3 , daniel p4 , lando p5 and then Oscar p6 .

30 laps have passed and now it was lap 41 , the track temperature has gotten better and the pit stops of  red bull were good enough  as afterwards arthur is p7 still and max p2 after an overtake on leclerc, the battle between oscar and Arthur were fierce .. these two never got along back in thier f2 days , Oscar trying hard to block arthur from passing him giving him no space but that didn't last long as it was a advantage for arthur in turn 3 making him ahead of piastri  he was satisfied  continuing to increase the gap between them .

After long hours it was finally the last 2 laps , the red bulls are in p2 and p6  first points are  certain for the beginning of the season , Sebastian watched his son racing with pride he was so proud of him  while hes sitting with mark Webber himself  " im sorry about your son race mark"   " its ok seb, it's only the beginning of the season "- mark has seen his son before he returned to the paddock  " hes ok , nothing serious thankfully "- sighs webber sr  " he did well though "- replied Sebastian  " I know.. im proud of him still , after what happened with my wife I thought he wouldnt wanna get in a car anymore "- mark looked down remembering his wife death in a car crash  " sorry about her mate... she was a good women "- seb held his hand  " hows lily? With middle school and all " - asked vettel sr  " shes good, happy to be not in elementary anymore "- laughed mark softly  " she keeps asking about Carlos  and lando these two are her favorite uncles as she says"  " of course , i mean  she is mischievous as them "- laughed seb too  " oh its over .. "- mark saw the screen with the results being displayed  " oh my.. he did it! Hes in top 10!"- smiled seb brightly before rushing down to the track to see his son .

Arthur got praised from his team and max causing him to smile thanking them all  but when he entered his driver room he didn't expect to see his father standing there with a big smile on his face  " thur! You did so well baby boy im so proud of you" - Arthur jumped in his father embrace hugging him  " when did you get here? I thought you were with mom at home " - asked the younger vettel " couldn't miss your first f1 race now could i?"- seb ruffled his sons hair kissing his forehead " congrats on your top 10..p6b thats amazing " seb then continued " come on ... the team asked me to call you to go back to the hotel they are celebrating your first race and max's podium " " but dad im underaged to drink " " dont worry its all handled, its alcohol free party"- with that the two vettels walked out towards the car waiting for them outside .

A month later..

Mick, arthur and zac hang out on the track for a morning run " mickey, heard you will drive lewis's car im todays practice is that true?"- asked arthur " yes, toto thought that its a good idea considering i haven't drove for like 2 weeks now .. its ok i enjoy staying behind taking pictures " - arthur nodded at his friend sipping into his water bottle " oh hello kiddos"- the three turned to see carlos and pierre jogging too " carl, we arent kids"- pouted mick " ok fine, by the way..have any of you saw alex and lando anywhere?"- asked carlos " no why?"- replied zac " charlie is looking for them "- answered pierre " you may find them goofing around somewhere.."- laughed mick .

A day later the race ended not as arthur hoped.. he ended up in p14 after a pit lane traffic causing him to lose 4 positions, he sat down in his hotel room after a long tiring race " hello Logan..can we talk im in my hotel room" " yeah sure.. ill be there in 5 minutes, are you ok? You sound stressed " - asked logan concerned " didnt sleep much last night.."- sighed the german " you should rest then.. tomorrow is your flight right?" " no the day after..".

Logan and arthur were joined by zac and lance " Aston Martin is a shit box of a car!"- groans lance "my dad isnt making it easier on me either!" " lan, don't listen to him "- arthur hugged his friend comforting him " too bad nando left... he.. he was the father i hoped for but now he's retired "- sobbed lance into Arthur shoulder " im sorry zac.. but i just miss fernando being around." Hours passed by and the young vettel hasn't been able to sleep at all overthinking ruined his sleep .

To be continued..
—end of chapter 2—