15: Parallel and Prey

Blink.

Luckily, this time, he isn't somewhere else suddenly. Or is he? His eyes scan the room. They're still the only ones here: Void and Thomas.

What's happening?

'You wish you knew, didn't you?' laughs the nogitsune.

"Thomas?" calls out a voice.

"Thomas??" calls out another voice.

Blink.

Thomas can feel it. Void's no longer his only company. The only question that matters now is who it is. Who's the next one he'll hurt?

When is it going to end?

Almost frantic, he scans the room. There, he notices Newt. He's just walked into the room, paused at the door opening, wanting to rush over to Thomas. He can't though, he doesn't know who's in control.

"Let's go, Tommy," says Newt. "Scott has something to help you, let's go."

Thomas seems a little shocked, Void somewhat, too. Something makes Thomas want to cry as weight appears to be lifted off his shoulders, only to be smashed back onto them heavier than it appeared to be before. He charges at Newt. He can't look away, but he can't look him in the eye at the same time.

This is it. It's got to be the end, right? He can't kill Newt. He's accepted his death long before, he can't deal with Newt's.

"You have to hold on, Tommy," says Newt. "You can fight it. You're strong."

"Strong indeed," replies Void, voice hoarse. Thomas's still not used to talking when it's not really him talking. It scares him, but he's even more scared of ever getting used to it.

Blink.

He's in the corner of a room. There are no lights, none turned on at least, though it isn't that dark. The room makes Thomas feel like his vision has turned black-white, colorless.

"Please, Newt. Please," says Thomas, his voice steadier than he expected it to be. He hates to suggest it, but Newt has to kill him. Newt can't let him kill him. But, like Thomas didn't give up on Newt, Newt doesn't have any part of him thinking to give up on his Tommy. He can't and he won't. There's got to be a solution.

Dark spots emerge in his sight, making Thomas feel strange and lightheaded once more. Thomas gets up, feeling his muscles tense up. He makes his way over to Newt fast, pushing him to the floor.

"Kill me," says Thomas, almost choking on his own words. "Please." Newt doesn't say anything immediately, but he won't kill him. Not when the end of his misery could be so so near. They have the 'potion' ready. They only have to get it to Tommy. Thomas looks like he wants to say more, but is incapable of doing so.

Attacking Newt, Thomas can feel his ribs break beneath his hands. Tears stream down his face as he realizes what happened. No no no no no! Thomas forces himself to back away. Newt groans in pain as he tries to sit up.

Behind him, Thomas can hear the door open again. Before he has time to blink, he feels something. He wouldn't be able to describe that feeling when asked.

"You'll be okay." says someone, voice sounding muffled. "You and Newt." is the last thing he hears before blacking out.

Void disappears, dies, and leaves his mind. Now, all strength that's left is his own. The only question left... is that enough?