pretty when you cry - chris

chris gets insecure about his body and seeks comfort from his bestfriend emma (random name)

as i sit on my bed and wait for chris to enter the room, i get a text. he's outside the door. i don't know why he won't just open the door himself. i get up and open my bedroom door. i then see chris outside my bedroom door with red puffy eyes and an oversized t-shirt on, his arms are wrapped around his stomach.

"what's wrong?" i ask, my voice filling with fear.chris stays quiet, his eyes fill with fresh tears. "can i talk to you about something?" he asks, his voice wobbling. "of course, what is it.?" i ask, putting chris's hands in my  hands.

chris looks down at  hands touching before looking at me. "so lately, ive been feeling really insecure about my body..some people have been calling me fat- and i- uhm.. uhm..i-i" he tries to continue but he breaks into tears. i hug him tightly. "take your time, it's okay." i say.

chris hugs me back, he looks so heartbroken about something. i want to know why he's feeling this way, but if he feels to upset to speak i won't judge him. he takes a deep breath and pulls out of the hug, he continues to hold my hands though.

"after a while of being body shamed..i stop eating, and- and whenever my brother's would catch on and be worried, i would eat..after i would force myself to..to throw up.." his voice is struggling to stay strong.

my eyes slightly tear up, but i must comfort him. he means so much to me. "chris, i don't know why people would body shame you, it's wrong. your very handsome and you don't deserve that treatment." i say, rubbing his upper arm softly, he winces.

i look at him with a confused look. "what's wrong?" i ask. "u-uhm, nothing!" his voice rises, not wanting to uncover the truth. "chris.." i say. "fine.." he says, he doesn't say anything, he pulls up his shirt sleeve, revealing his upper arm. there are four cuts in a row.

the cuts look old and infected. his cuts aren't as bad as mine. "woah, are you okay?" i ask, my voice filling with fear. he shakes his head and begins to bite his nails. "c'mere." i open my arms once again and let chris hug me, knowing he needs it right now.

after a few minutes chris finally calms down enough to speak. "im really sorry." he speaks. "dont be. your struggling and reaching out to me for help. thats good." i say. he smiles softly. "you always know how to make me feel better." he says in a kind voice, his tears drying up.

i take his hand and pull him into my room. i lay down on my bed and wait for chris to join me. he lays down on my chest, he wraps himself up in s fetal postiton with his head on my chest. "you will be okay." i say.