Dominante

"So healing spells don't work on him at all?"

Yuno looks to the other side of the couch, where Noelle is, the water mage has her knees tucked up against the arm of the sofa with Asta resting on top of them.

His brother has been reduced to his smaller form once again and currently is asleep in Noelle's lap.

"Nope," he tells her again, "most mana types don't affect him at all, that goes for healing spells too."

"Man and just when you think anti-magic is overpowered." Leopold pipes up.

The youngest fire mage of the Bull's is sitting in front of the couch, legs folded criss-cross applesauce and resting his head in his hands.

"There has to be a way to help him heal faster," Noelle mutters as she runs her hand through the spirit's tendrils of hair.

"I know how you feel Noelle," Yuno sighs, "but you're not going to get anywhere with this, remember what Captain Yami said? We just gotta wait for him to recuperate his anti magic."

"I know but still...I just wish there was something."

"Hmm," Leo leans forward against his knees, "what about other remedies like herbs and oils?"

Yuno scoffs, "you really think that will work?"

"Well, have you ever tried it before?"

Yuno stares down at Leo with a blank look on his face and thinks back. There's only been two times where Asta has been truly injured since becoming a curse - this being one of them. Last time he had simply done as instructed and waited for his brother to regain enough anti mana to come back to his full strength, he hadn't done anything else.

"No," he admits feeling a bit guilty, it hadn't occurred to him that there were other ways outside of magic to quell Asta's pain.

Maybe not heal him entirely but even granting him some relief would do the boy wonders.

"Well then why don't we give it a try?" Leo asks with an excited smile, "what's the worst that could happen?"

"I think Charmy has a book on herbs!" The water mage chimes in, "she uses it to collect plants around the base, maybe there's something nearby we can use!"

Noelle shifts in her place, gentle hands coming down to Asta's shoulders and giving him a soft shake.

"Asta," she calls, "I have to get up now."

In response his brother groans in distaste and sinks himself further against Noelle's lap.

"Asta," Yuno half heartedly laughs, "let her up."

Again Asta makes no effort to move, just huffs in disapproval.

Yuno rolls his eyes, leaning over into Noelle's space so that he can wrap his hands around his brother's waist and pry him off the poor water mage.

Asta is dissatisfied with the sudden movement, opening his injured eyes to squint up at Yuno unhappily.

"Sorry," Yuno gives him a small smirk, "but it's for your own good."

"Thanks Yuno," Noelle pipes as she jumps to her feet, "don't worry Asta, I'll be right back!"

And with that she and Leo disappear into the kitchen.

Asta makes another unhappy noise, still being held against Yuno's chest.

"Don't be like that." The wind mage lets him go.

Asta promptly crawls back over to the now empty opposite side of the couch and plops back down. His eyes fall shut once more and he looks like he's already teetering on the verge of sleep.