Chapter 16- Competition

We all were being treated at the Butterfly Mansion when Mitsuri burst in squealing.
"MUICHIRO IT'S TIMEEE!!" She ran up to me and started shaking me heavily. I saw stars in my perephrial vision.
"Mitsuri, he's injured~" Shinobu reminded the older in her teasing voice.
"Right, sorry Tokito," she bowed.
I simply just smiled at her. I couldn't speak due to my vocal chords being damaged severely.
"What's time?" Genya asked.
"The Hashira Competition!!" She said excitedly. I perked up at this news.
"Exited?" Nezuko said with a smirk. I eagerly nodded.
"Lets go!!" She said picking me up with one arm.
"I wanna watch!!" Zenitsu jumped up came with us. Mitsuri picked him up with the other arm.
We made our way to the Ubuyashaki Estate. When we got there Mitsuri put us down and we all joined the line on one knee with our heads low.
"Hello my children," Okayata-sama welcomed us.
"Hello Okayata-sama, I do hope you are in good spirits," it was Iguro's turn to greet the Master.
He smiled warmly.
"The reason you are all here today if because I have organized a competition, Kocho will not he participating thought, due to her having to treat the injured." He explained. "The competition will be one of strength and technique, It will be carried out in pairs, and judged by the former Hashira,"
As if on cue, Tengen Uzui, Sakonji Urokodaki, Shinjuro Rengoku and Jigoro Kuwajima entered the room.
We all were in awe, the former Hashira were not be messed with (apart from Tengay). I noticed The elders eyes scan over us. All of them stopped dead at the sight of me.
"Seriously, a kid?" Shinjuro grumbled. " I really thought  this generation could be stronger but I guess I was wrong."
My blood boiled. I dug my nails into the palm of my hand to control myself.
"Shinjuro please," Jigoro protested weakly.
"Um, Rengoku-san!" Mitsuri spoke up.
"You were Kyojuro's Tsuguko, Kanroji, wasn't It?" He said with an eyebrow raised.
"Yes! And I believe your comment about Tokito-san is very disrespectful, he is one of the strongest Hashira and he was worked hard, I believe he deserves an apology!"
I was a little shocked, Kanroji just defended me, against a former Hashira nontheless.
"Tch," he simply rolled his eyes.
"Zenitsu my boy!" The ancient Thunder Hashira went up to Zenitsu and hugged him tight.
"Gramps!" He said hugging him back.
I smiled at their interaction.
Sakonji-san also interacted with Giyuu for a little.
"Amane shall also be a judge to substitute for me," Okayata-sama said after we were all done.
"Now, our first pairing shall be... Tokito and Iguro!"
We all headed outside, to give more from for me and Iguro to fight.
"And now for the rules!" Amane spoke loudly but softly. "You may both injure eachother as much as you may, but no loss of limbs or fatal wound, Got It?"
Both me and Iguro nodded.
"The battle will be over when one side is unable to continue!" (/ref)
We got into our fighting stances and I took note of Shinjuro glaring at me.
"This is insane, he is a child, he'll surely lose in seconds," I head him whisper. I clenched my teeth. Now was my chance to prove this fiery bastard wrong, he was so unlike Kyojuro, it made me angry. Yep could such a sweet, caring person be related to him.
"Begin,"
Iguro aimed a slice at my arm and I dodged with ease. This was gonna be a quick fight.
I planned to not inflict any wounds on the Serpent Hashira, well when possible.
"Ichi No Kata: Winding Serpent Slash!" Obanai rotated and released a circular slash towards me which hit me square in the chest.
"Pfft, can't do better?" I taunted.
"Ni No Kata: Venom fangs of the Narrow Head,"
I simply took the hits. This went on for what seemed like ages. Iguro attacked not letting me get a move in because he knew it would cost him a lot.
This time the blade went through my arm.
Iguro just stared at my bloodied face.
"Your probably gonna want that back," I say contemplating my decisions. "Hm, Whatever you want." In one swift movement I extracted the katana and threw it at Obanai. It caught on his shoulder. On an artery precisely.
"My turn," I smirked. "Shichi No Kata: Obscuring clouds,"
I noticed the elder former Hashira be a little shocked.
"I've never seen this technique before," Sakonji mumbled.
"That's because Tokito made it himself," Tengen informed him.
I smirked before knocking Iguro out with the handle of my Katana.
"And that round is over," Declared Amane.
Shinobu rushed over to Iguro to check if he was alright.
"All good, just knocked out and hit an artery, he stopped the bleeding quickly though," She said loudly. I just stood there frozen. I was in absolute agony. But I mustn't show it. No.
Keep emotions at a minimum.
Kanroji quickly rushed over to me and Iguro she gave Iguro a quick kiss on the cheek before turning to me.
"KYAH YOU DID SO GOOD MUICHIRO!!" She said shaking me yet again. I did nothing but smile.
"Ara Ara~ that was quite impressive Tokito-kun," Shinobu says warmly. I simply nod in acknowledgement.
"Lets go back to the butterfly mansion!" She grabbed my good arm and attempted to drag me away.
I pulled away and headed back to the others.
"You did good Tokito," Shinazugawa pats me on the back welcomingly.
"Good as always Mui, Tengen ruffled my hair.
"Amazing job," Giyuu said with a smile.
"Not too bad kid, not bad at all," Says Sakonji.
"It was sheer luck," says Shinjuro rolling his eyes. I fought the urge to slap him.
I let Mitsuri drag me back to her estate where she bandaged up my arm and we sat in silence for a little.
"So, about the Genya situation..." she began. She knew most of it anyways, but I didn't really wanna talk about it.
"Well you guys are just friends right? Even after you accidently slept with him, but do you maybe like him more~"
She teased me for a little before I spoke up.
"I'm not too sure how I feel about him, I've never really liked anyone like this before."
"Describe how you feel around him,"
"Well sometimes I feel as though I've eaten Kanao's hair clip, and I feel my face heat up a little, my brain just into overdrive and I get really nervous about ruining my relationship with him,"
"Definitely love,"
I stared at her.
"You sure?" I've never known myself so it was all a mystery, but who better to ask than the Love Hashira herself.
"Please, I've heard the way you talk about him, and you act so differently around him, it's obvious."
"Is it really that obvious? What if he knows then?? What if he doesn't like me and and-"
"Calm down Mui, Genya is one of the most oblivious people ever, he could never catch on,"
"What about me being oblivious," he sat himself down next to me on the sofa.
"Nothing," I said quickly.
"Yeah, don't worry,"
I noticed his eyes narrow a little,
I was kinda tired.
"Well, I'm gonna head out," I say getting up.
"I'll come," Genya follows me eagerly.
"Is your shoulder alright?" He asked.
"Yeah,"
"You alright?"
"Yeah, just... tired,"
I head up to the roof of my estate with him. We sat on the tiles.
"What are we doing here?"
"Just shush,"
I layed my head on his shoulder and put my hand over his as I gazed out into the horizon.
Sunset.
The sky was red, pink and orange, it looked truly beautiful.
I noticed how the reflections made Genya's eyes shine as he stared in awe.
I felt eyelids droop and I decided to just rest them for a second.