The world and Rogue Company

The story takes place in 2021. The world is deeply divided, especially since climate change has caused desert displacement (Factory Arena), glacier melting leading to fights over oil (Glacier Arena), eco-responsible cities (Windward Arena), and research for living on another planet (Hollows Arena).

Society is collapsing economically, politically, and socially. Consequently, some countries have joined forces to maintain order globally by sending rogues to various places around the world to fight.

Rogue Company is an organization founded by different countries to combat the increasing number of villains worldwide. It is led by "The Director" (whose identity remains unknown). For some, he is the one who uncovered them. Notably, Trench (representing Tahiti) was contacted from the beginning to keep the team united due to his respected character among all his colleagues.

Anvil is also one of the first rogues in the alliance, representing England. He is known for his exploits, especially during World War II. Kestrel is one of the founders with "The Director". She decided to step away from active cooperation, becoming a very wealthy woman in South Asia and eventually taking charge of funding Rogue Company. Occasionally, she ventures into the field for the sheer pleasure of it.

All rogues are brought to a secret training camp (tutorial arena), where Kestrel secretly evaluates their success in the tests. She personally assisted Seeker. Dima is the one who welcomed and guided Ronin through the various trials (their encounter will be the subject of a chapter).

In Rogue Company, certain rogues have their roles:

-Anvil and Cannon are skilled at creating powerful firearms due to their extensive personal experience. They are part of the attack or defense weapon engineering team.

-Saint is a doctor who works with the organization's medical team.

-Vy is part of the scientific team. She is specifically seeking a cure, as promised by Rogue Company, to save her.

-Lancer manages the communication department and is particularly in charge of the social media sector.

-Gl1tch is one of the team leaders of the defense-oriented IT technicians. He has connections with numerous hackers worldwide collaborating with Rogue Company.

-Runway is one of the top-secret agents. She runs her own secret agent agency.

-Dahlia participates in Rogue Company's attack planning alongside the commando operation chiefs.

-Juke is responsible for the robotic innovations available in the building.

The other rogues are often on missions for the organization.