1

Meerab opened her eyes in the hospital.She tried to remember what happened to her.She recalled after her marriage with Murtasim they were returning to Murtasim's house in Hydrabad but in the middle of the way their car met with a deadly accident.After that she doesn't remember anything.

Meerab sees a nurse and asked;

"Sister mere shohar kaha hai?"

Before nurse could give any answers,someone said;

"Mein batati hu woh kaha hai?"

Meerab turned her neck and sees a middle age woman standing in here.She comes to her and gestures nurse to excuse them.

Meerab doesn't recognise her so asks;

"Kon hai aap aur aap kaise janti hai mere shohar kaha hai."

"Gadde ki jaa nashin Murtasim khan ki maa hu mein."

Meerab recognised her now.She is the khanam of Khan haveli where her father works.She lived with her parents in village that's why she never meet with them or never visit khan haveli in Hydrabad.

Meerab greeted her and Salma khanam said;

"Mere bete ne tumhe taras khake Shadi kya karli to tumhe laga woh tumhara shohar ban jayega.Daya se rishten nahi nibhte ladki."

Meerab narrowed her eyes and said;

"Yeh aap kya keh rahi hai?Aur maine aap ki bete ka per nahi pakriti ke woh mujhe shadi karle.Agar unhone taras kha kar ya daya dikha kar yeh shadi kiya hai to mein bhi majburi mein hi razi huyi thi."

Salma khanam sarcastically smiles and says;

"Majburi ka natak to zuban pe hai lekin man hi man to apni kismat pe rask kar rahi hogi.Akhir kar itne bare ghar ki bahu jo ban gayi.Aisa ghar aur aisa khandan jo tumhe mil jayega yeh to tum shayed apne khwabo mein bhi nahi soch sakte.Ab to humare paiso se aish hi aish karoge aur apni garib bap ko amir karoge.Accha fasaya hai mere bete ko tumhari bap ne."

Meerab closed her eyes and suppressed her lips to control her anger and said;

"Mujhse shadi karna aap ki bete ka faisla tha.Unhone khud apni marzi se mere baba ke age shadi ki baat rakha tha.Aur aap ka beta koi baccha nahi jo log use apni baton pe phasa denge."

"Agar mera beta apni marzi se hi yeh rishtan jora hai to woh hosh mein aane ke baad tumhare bare mein kisi se pucha kyun nahi tum zinda hu bhi ya nahi.Balki woh filhal apni mohabbat ke sath waqt bita raha hai aur meri honewali bahu uski khidmat mein hai."

Meerab looks at her and Mrs Salma khanam said;

"Yakin na aye to apni ankhon se dekhlo."

Meerab gets up from the bed and comes out from the cabin.She comes and stands in a window of other cabin and saw back side of a man and a girl with her age feeding soup to him and in between she wipes his face by her dupatta.It's seems like they share a deep and romantic relationship.

"Apni shohar ko kisi aur ke sath dekhne ke baad bhi agar tum zabardasti mere bete ki zindegi mein gusna chahti ho to Mein tumhe ek lalchi bap ki lalchi aulad ke ilawa aur kuch nahi samjhungi."

Tears drop down from Meerab's eyes.No matter how this marriage happens but she can't see her husband with someone else.And She doesn't want to become burden on Murtasim's shoulder too for this namesake marriage.She doesn't want Murtasim established this relation out of helplessness.Without informing anybody Meerab left the hospital and takes a bus to leave the city.