First Course

[ 𝙴𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚅𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚐𝚎 , 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚊𝚗 ]

"I need the twenty racks of lambs and braised short ribs packaged up and driven to the Moncler opening now! We are already thirty minutes behind schedule, and ya'll know I don't play that shit. Get a move on now!", I exclaimed, sweat dripping off my brow as I pulled out another one of my famous pineapple upside down cakes from the oven to cool off.

Removing the oven mitts, I wiped my sweaty palms on my apron and maneuvered over to the fridge to grab my three tiers of cookies and cream cakes along with the same type of icing. Grabbing a new set of latex gloves and slipping them on, I thoroughly whipped the frosting and started to spread it gently over the cakes not wanting them to crumble.

"Bre Bre can you grab me those Oreos along with those Oreo Hershey bars and regular Hershey bars?", I asked making quick work of frosting the cakes. In a flash she sat what I asked for down on the counter.

"Thanks boo what's the ETA on the stuffed pork chops for the Johnson's Private dinner party", I threw over my shoulder as I began stacking the tiers of cake. From the corner of my eye I could see her vigorously tapping on her pink iPad mini.

"They should be unloading the food as we speak. Bitch you betta be happy I suggested you put trackers on all your catering vehicles", she sassed with a smirk.

Chuckling lowly to myself, "Oh Bre'Nae what would I do without you?", I cooed as I finished putting the final garnishments on my 3 tier Oreo and Hershey's cake. Stepping back to admire my work I pulled out my iPhone 15 pro max and snapped some shots to put on my company socials.

Switching from my photo app I clicked onto my missed calls to see that both my mother and sister called me twice. Sucking my teeth, I already knew why they asses was calling, and they both knew I didn't want to talk about the disaster date from hell that they conniving assess set up.

I shuddered thinking back on how I really agreed to go on a date with that man. Don't get me wrong he was gorgeous. Smooth brown skin, pretty white teeth and dimples with a nice height to match but, beauty was only skin deep.

All that nigga did was prattle on how his "up and coming" record label was going to be the next damn Dej Jam. That negro really had the audacity to blast their shitty ass music in the 5-star restaurant we were dining at.

There was only so many tight smiles and choppy head nods I could throw out before my ass flew to the bathroom. I quickly called Bre'Nae and gave a quick rundown on the situation and being the real bitch that she was pretended to be a receptionist for Universal Music Group and came up with some bogus ass story on how they caught eye of his artist's most recent club appearance and wanted to talk business.

I didn't think the nigga was going to buy it but when I peeked my head outside the restroom door, I saw his black ass hightail it out the entrance. Nigga didn't even pay or nothing.