Intermission

Check in

Check in

**PING PING**

"That boy still texting you", Denise asked as my iMessage pinged yet again. She was over there helping herself to some leftovers she made. Some smoked ribs, baked beans, smoked BBQ chicken, cornbread and potato salad dawned her plate along with a Sprite.

She mentally rolled her eyes as she ignored another text from him. It felt like he's only contacted her over 100x about nothing. She's been trying to work with his ass on deciding the rest of the menu along with drinks and deserts but, his ass always stirred the conversation to something besides food.

Like the other day after being left on read for the better part of six hours because, apparently, he had some type of meeting that lasted all day. Emeri didn't sweat it because she knows how it is to run a business and being called for impromptu meetings all the time. What did she did mind is the lil nigga texting her well after their agreed upon time of 6pm asking if she was up?

"Girl ain't nobody worried about that boy. Unless it's about his party we have nothing to converse about." she stated plainly, taking a sip of her wine. She shuffled a bit under her throw cover putting her attention back on her all-white kindle. She was currently reading Elle Kayson's Demon's Dream: An Unexpected Love.

"I need me a Demon or Smoke in my life", she mumbled under her breath. This is what she usually does in her time off. Submerging herself in the fantasy of make believe. Wishing she could experience a love like that or maybe even a fraction.

She knew she could probably put herself out there and get somebody specially with her "new body". She gets a lot of surface level attention. They see the body before they see the beauty inside the person. She remembers when she first lost that first hundred. She had niggas turning they heads left and right.

She even had old bullies from high school male and female slide in her DMs acting brand new. Like they didn't make her life a living hell during that time. Now that she was slimer and had a successful career everybody wants to be buddy-buddy and wanted a right to fix their wrongs with her. Of course, she told them to kick rocks since they only wanted to form a relationship with her because of her status and new figure.

Emeri was so caught up in her head she didn't even hear her security system alerting her that someone was at the door. "Well, I guess I'll get the door since yo ass is so caught up in yo book.", Denise sassed as she made her way to the front door not waiting for a response. Checking the security panel that her sister had installed she could see Bre'Nae face all up in the camera.

Chuckling to herself, she unlocked the door peeking her head outside. "Girl if you don't getcho silly ass away from the camera", making Bre'Nae jump a foot in the air.

Clutching her hand to her chest," Bitch don't you ever in yo life scare me like that. The hell!", she sassed as she pushed her way inside. She made herself comfortable by sliding off her crocs and putting them in the shoe rack against the door. Getting her designated pair of slippers, she slipped them on and made her way to the kitchen to put the wine she brought into the fridge.

She noticed the counter was filled with containers of food. "Ooooh bitch looks like you made a feast. Don't mind if I help myself". She laughed as she went over to the cabinet to grab a plate. Noticing she didn't get a response, Bre'Nae turned her vision onto the couch to see her best friend caught up in thought.

Shaking her head, she noticed Emeri had been inside her head a lot lately. She could recall her doing so a bunch when they were younger. Something would usually trigger it and she would get inside her mind and overanalyze the aspects of her life. She quickly put the last of the food on her plate and popped it in the microwave.

She waited until she heard that familiar ding from the microwave and grabbed her food before she headed towards the sofa that Emeri occupied. Placing the plate on the table, Bre'Nae slowly reached over to slide the kindle out of Emeri's hand. The missing kindle went unnoticed as Emeri's body went into auto pilot and her hands automatically went to her lap.

"Emerald sweetie come back to me", she softly coaxed while rubbing her shoulder. Emeri vision became less clouded as her focus went to the soothing touch she felt on her shoulder. Shifting her eyes to her left she locked eyes on a pair of concerned ones.

"Breath in and out Em", her sister coached from the lazy boy. Counting down from ten she did her breath exercises her therapist taught her. Slowly but surely her body untensed itself and melted into her couch cushion.

"Thanks, my hearts", she stated softly wrapped the cover closer to her. Her sister moved from the lazy boy and sat on the other side of her. "You wanna talk about it?", Denise suggested. She always encouraged her to vent no matter the situation. She knew that keeping things in would trigger her zombie like state.

Bawling her lips up she nodded her head up and down, "Yeah just gimme a sec", as she gathered her thoughts. They waited patiently as she took five more deep breaths.

Clearing her throat," I-I ugh just thought about finding someone to like me for me y'know. I know I seem nonchalant when I tell ya'll about the dates I be on but, it makes me feel like nobody actually likes me for me y'know", she stated shakily wiping the tears from her eyes.

Bre and Denise shared a knowing look before wrapping their arms around her shoulders. They knew despite her attitude towards dating that she actually wanted to still experience it genuinely. Even through the horror stories they told her about their past relationships she wanted to feel even an ounce of what they had.

She knew love could be a very beautiful thing. However, she knew the ugly side to it as well, but she didn't care. She just wants to be able to experience a fraction of it even if it hurts in the end. So, she could wholeheartedly say-no feel and live what people call love.

Denise rubbed her sister's scarfed scalp and tucked her into her shoulder.

"Listen if you really wanna put yourself out there... How about we start slow. We can go to a few of my intimate social events this month to feel out your scene, okay?", Denise suggested. She knew her sister wasn't ready to hit a club or a party scene. Men at those gatherings are usually looking for one thing.

A minute passed before Emeri gave a response.

"That can be a start," she spoke slowly.

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Filler chapter... I was gonna do a double update but life... is life'n lol but I do have a new imagine book to occupy ya'll until I do the Kay's POV for the next chapter...

Until then...

Comment / Share/ Like