16

Short chapter:)

"The number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area, please try call later."

Jin give up after a few tries. He thought of calling Lisa

"Lisa, is Jungkook still there? He didn't come home yet.. I'm worried." Jin hurriedly ask because his heart still beating fast.

"He left after their heated conversation with his father Jin.. I don't know where he go.." Lisa said

His shoulders drop low. "Thank you Lisa."

Jin tried calling one of his friends. He didn't know them personally, they are now on two half years but Jin did not took courage to stay close to his circle of friends, beside of his close friends YeonJun and Mingyu.

He called Mingyu

Mingyu answered immediately and a loud music welcomes his ear.

"Hello Mingyu , is than Jungkook is there with you." Jin said

"Jin? He's with me.. I will sent him home soon. He looks problematic and he didn't tell us what's wrong." Mingyu said

"Please send him home safe. I'm so worried Mingyu. Thank---" Jin didn't finish his words when Mingyu canceled his call.

Jin quite relieved that Mingyu is with Jungkook, but the weird beat of his heart remains. Jin look at his files school works on his study table.

He sighed

It's too much works just to graduate with flying colors. Jin hope Jungkook will be alright.

Jin decided to go to the kitchen to keep the food that he cooked in the fridge. Then he started his school works. And Jin didn't notice after a minute that he felt slept while studying.

Jin woke up in their bed. The smell of the food welcome his senses. He got up and freshen up then he go downstairs.

He saw Jungkook cooking breakfast.

"Honey? Good morning.. What time did you came home?" Jin hugged him on his back.

"Morning baby.. Around 3 in the morning and I saw you sleeping in the study table in the living room so I carried you. Did you tire yourself on you school works?" Jungkook said

And Jungkook turn around and kiss his lips.

"I can manage. How about you? I called you many times but your phone was off. I called Lisa because I was so worried. Then I called Mingyu. He told me you were with him.. please tell me your problem Honey?" Jin said and he move to prepare the table.

"I'm okay.. You know my appa.. The same issue." Jungkook shook his head, clearly stating that they will not talk about it.

"You can always tell me.. I'm willing to listen Kook.. Whatever your problems are also my problems, that's what married couple do.. ok?" Jin rubbed his back. And Jungkook just smiled at him but it was cold.

Jungkook isn't fine but Jin didn't force him to share it with him.

"I'm okay.. Focus on your studies and make us proud baby.. Just keep in mind that I love you..." Jungkook said while he put food on his plate.

"Just keep in mind too that I love you too honey.. And I am always here for you.. No matter what.. Let's eat and go to school." Jin said

They're eat and since Jungkook is ready for school Jin go up to take a shower. While stripping. Jin noticed the clothes Jungkook wore yesterday.

He get it and look at it.
It's a lipstick stain. On his neckline.
Jin put his clothes on his nose and sniff on it.

A woman's perfume.

Jin hitches his breath. His calm himself he don't want jump into conclusion. Jin decided put it back and decided to take a shower. And he ignoring the abnormal beat of his heart.
Jin didn't usual self even when they arrived at the university.

Lisa with her sharp senses noticed it.
And she drag Jin in the cafeteria.

"Something is bothering you?" Lisa ask me while they're seated on their usual spot.

"You know me so well best friend.." Jin smirk at her and she just smack his nape. Jin was about to smack her nape also when their heard voices behind them.

"Rumors spread today that Miss Hannie, our professor was Jungkook's ex!"

He turn around and Jin saw bunch of students talking behind them. Lisa move to stop them but he motioned her to keep quiet. Lisa creases her forehead at him but she sit down again.

"Yes.. They were a couple before and so much inlove."

"Where did you know that info?"

"By someone, they were seen last night in a club and they were very sweet,"

"Do you think they get back again?"

"How would I know, maybe yes or no."

"But Jungkook was wearing a wedding ring since two years ago.. He haven't removed it ever since."

"Do you think Hannie is the wife?"

Lisa immediately stand up and Jin didn't stop her. He felt like it's deaf for a minute and a numb.

Jin realized the lipstick he saw in shower room he might be Hannie

"Who do you think you're talking about bitches?! You're talking about my step brother right in front of my face? Do you want to stay in this university or I will have you kick out one by one?!" Lisa's voice echoed inside the cafeteria.

Lisa can do that. She's a shareholder in this school. At a very young age.

"I'm sorry Lisa." They said in chorus.

"I'll remember your faces. Move yourself away from me, dont wait until my vision will be black or you will be sorry." Lisa slam her palm on their table making them jolt and hurriedly leave.

"Lisa, don't make a scene please." His boyfriend pulled her to sit with him.

"What was that all about?" Lisa said

"It's nothing, it's just conclusions of some gossipers. Don't mind them." Reema said and Jin just croaked, swallowing the forming lump on his throat.

"Jin.. Tell me.. What happened?" Lisa said

Jin tell her all that he know. Except for the lipstick stained clothes of Jungkook and the perfume.

Jin don't want to create a
feud between them. They are family.
He know Lisa will be on his side.
Jin rather keep his conclusions and investigate all by himself.

Marriage life is indeed like you are holding roses, you are hurt by the thorns, but you still hold on.
But Jin will prepare for the worst.

Thanks for standby 😊