Another surprise

Paimon: huh... paimon doesn't see anything special here

after dainsleif joined the party, aether decided to investigate about the abyss order.

as they traced the trail of the abyss order, they ended up in a ruin.

Aether: there are signs of a treasure hoarder, but that's it. *looks around*

Paimon: maybe they made this a checkpoint or something?

the two of them investigated deeper into the ruins. on the way, they saw so many treasure hoarder camps and several hillichurls.

when they finally entered the depths of the ruins...

Paimon: is that a person!?

Aether: this is...

that person is like in dogeza? yeah. it looks like he's praying or something.

but what surprised them was what was in front of that person.

a statue, hanging upside down.

similar to the statue of the seven, but this one...

Aether: !?

Paimon: i-isn't that...

Aether: wait, is that... rimuru!?

a statue depicting a rimuru sitting on a throne posing like a king.

Paimon: w-why is that statue hanging upside down!? and also, the abyssal energy!

Aether: what's going on here...

the truth is now slowly being revealed. the demon god, his sister, and now... a statue? on top of that, rimuru is once again the element of surprise.

Paimon: uhh, rimuru got a lot to say after this!

Aether: *looks at the statue* just who is he...

the more they stared at the statue, the more questions popped into his head.

a statue similar to the seven...

doesn't that mean... he is part of the seve-

Paimon: a-aether, let's get out of here! paimon has a bad feeling about what will happen nex-

the ground began to shake suddenly. and then portal appeared.

Paimon: aaah, now what!?

the portal got bigger and bigger as a figure came out of it.

???: you cannot spy on the secrets of the abyss.

Aether: what... who are you?

the herald abyss. a being that dainsleif mentioned. a being who commands the abyss mages.

A.herald: you have come here, you have seen our secrets. for this, you must pay the price. as a herald, i will mete out your punishment!

Paimon: an abyss herald!? w-what!

Aether: the one dain spoke of...

A.herald: dain... dainsleif? oh, so that's what it is. i thought you were just a couple of pest that stumbled in here by mistake... hmph, so you are with him, the traitor!

Paimon: t-traitor?

A.herald: hah, that man were the one who cause our kingd-

Before the herald could finish his sentence, aether suddenly leapt at him with his sword.

A.herald: !? *dodges* you!

Aether: fuck it. there are so many questions in my head right now... but for now, my gut is telling me to kill you before moving on to the next quest