//005.🔥

BREATH VANTE BREATH

Day One...

[Mission Strategy No. 1: Approach the Devil via a 'Chance Encounter']

'Uh-oh, here comes the Devil!' he said to himself.

Badum! Badum!

The brief encounter with the Devil's gaze quickened Vante's heartbeat. In his ears, it sounded too loud. He couldn't figure out why his body was responding so strangely. It was quite improbable that he would feel uncomfortable and intimidated by someone.

However, the man before him had the ability to manipulate his emotions. He pondered if this was a normal reaction of the original owner of this body, or if he was the one who felt this way about Jeon Jungkook.

Was he worried that Jungkook may recognize him? He didn't have an accurate response.

'Come on, come on. Don't blow this chance. 'Slow down.' Vante reminded himself of this. To relax, he closed his eyes and took a big breath.

He could hear footsteps approaching. Little Do-yun and his father were approaching him. When he opened his eyes, he was met by a pair of attractive males (a child and a man).

The small youngster smiled sweetly at him, but the man next to him gave him a hard look. His scrutinizing stare traveled across his face and throughout his body, from head to toe and back again.

He temporarily forgot about his objective of getting on his good side as he raised his eyebrow as if questioning him, 'What are you staring at?'

"Mr. Scarlett!" Vante was received enthusiastically by Do-yun. He was going to reach out to take his son's hand when Jungkook stopped him, gripping his shoulders.

"Can you tell me who you are?" Did you approach my son on purpose in order to acquire some benefits?" Jungkook spoke plainly.

Vante's face crumpled in irritation as a result of his behavior. He couldn't, however, blame him. Jungkook was only being protective of Do-yun. His current attire, complete with a cap and a black mask, suggested that he was up to naught good.

He's only been woken for three hours. Kim Teahyung's spirit had taken over Vante's body, and he had opted to assume this persona. His particular mission's hundred-day countdown had begun, and today was Day One!

Using his prior expertise and intelligence on the Supreme Leader of the Jade Mafia, he devised a strategy for approaching Jeon Jungkook without seeming suspicious. Perhaps a phony 'chance meeting' will suffice!

He worked so hard just to come up with the greatest plan! He remembered the guy he killed two years ago having a son out of wedlock with the Devil. Jeon Do-yun!

To be honest, the Devil's instinct was not incorrect. He was plotting something against him and had a personal reason for approaching them. But Vante would just have to pretend to be innocent in front of this father-son pair.

"Oh Sir," Vante said, hiding his lips as if stunned by his charge.

"Are you sure you're the father of this charming boy?" he said, a foolish grin on his face.

"Your son does not resemble you. "He is an angel, and his father is the devil," Vante whispered. But Jungkook nevertheless heard his comments, turning his face sour and unpleasant.

'Oops!' Vante softly hit his mouth as he couldn't stop himself from ridiculing Jungkook. It was nothing more than a slip of the tongue!

'Damn. I'm expected to get his attention and acquire his recognition! 'I don't want to insult him.' Vante chided himself internally. To avoid Jungkook's deathly stare, he bit his lip and bowed his head. "I'm doomed!" he murmured further.

This was a period of quiet. Even though he wasn't looking at him, Vante felt a shudder shoot through him as Jungkook's gaze was riveted on his.

'How come I'm feeling this way? Is the owner's body usually uneasy in the presence of other souls?' He continued blaming the ludicrous and strange sensations he was experiencing on the original owner of his temporary body.

Taehyung was never afraid. But Jungkook's domineering presence was having an effect on him right now. Perhaps he was still getting adjusted to his new physique.

After a time, a small boy's sharp giggle resonated around them, shattering the tense stillness. The two finally realized they were not alone. They'd practically forgotten about Little Do-yun's existence for quite some time.

The two turned their sight to the small child, who was darting his glance between Vante and Jungkook.

Little Do-yun decided to intercede because she was concerned that additional tension would be generated between Jungkook and Vante.

"Mr. Scarlett, believe it or not, this is my biological father." Despite our differences in looks, he is as attractive as I am, isn't he?" Little Do-yun enthusiastically exclaimed, brightening the mood.

Vante could only smirk cynically, neither confirming nor refuting Little Do-yun's accusation. Jungkook, on the other hand, retained his icy and disinterested demeanor. He would have returned to his office by now if it hadn't been for his son.

"This is the Man I mentioned to you a while ago, Dad." He'll accompany us to Grandpa's birthday celebration tonight! "I hope you have no objections." Do-yun used his charm to persuade his father to accept. He was looking at him with puppy-eyed eyes and an attractive face.

Vante remained silent, waiting for the devil's response. This key moment was the first step toward his mission's accomplishment. He needed to be near Jungkook and his family. And this was the first chance to do so!

'Would you please say yes?' Vante swallowed deeply, his gaze locked on his.

Jungkook eventually spoke out, giving them his reaction after who knows how long. "Fine. We can bring him with us. But he must wear decent attire." He made no attempt to conceal his dissatisfaction with his existing appearance.

"Yey! Thank you, Dad! You are exceptional." Do-yun leaped up and hugged his father's right leg, thanking and admiring him.

'Yes!' Vante was finally able to breathe normally.

_____

Happy Reading