//008.🔥

MURDER

Taehyung was now standing on the executive suite's 13th-floor balcony. He had no recollection of arriving here. His head was still foggy, and he had no idea what had transpired after he went asleep.

"What the hell am I doing here?" He was perplexed as to how he had landed himself on that balcony. He was merely dressed in a bathrobe.

He was going to turn around and walk into his room when he felt someone shoving him from behind. He felt himself slipping from the balcony before he could respond.

"Damn! What the fuck is going on?" Taehyung cursed silently. He twisted his body in an attempt to catch a sight of the person who had shoved him. His eyes widened when he noticed a figure dressed all in black standing on the balcony, watching him fall.

Then the realization hit him. This was not a dream or a reality. This was part of Vante's memories before he fell from the Hotel's 13th story.

'He didn't kill himself!' Someone attempted to assassinate him!'

Taehyung closed his eyes firmly, bracing himself for the force of the fall. But it never occurred to him. He didn't feel anything.

His eyes peeled open seconds later, pushing aside the thick choking disorientation. He blinked many times until his vision adjusted to the dim light. His head throbbed as he attempted to sit up.

"Where am I?" He murmured. He then reached for the bedside table, where he turned on the lampshade.

"Master, you're awake!" As soon as the light brightened the surrounds, a mystical winged creature swooped towards him. It was called Bam-Bam.

"How did this happen to me? Urgh!" He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"I believe your newly acquired body was subjected to a sudden shock that caused you to lose consciousness a while ago." According to the doctor, it was a panic attack caused by a stressful occurrence. But don't worry, you're all right now."

In a deep scowl, he wrinkled his brows. His eyes widened as he remembered something.

"Can you tell me where this location is?" What happened to the birthday celebration? "Did I miss something?" After passing out, he became concerned that his purpose had failed. He was going to go to the party with Jungkook and Little Do-Yun tonight.

"You were abandoned. You got eight hours of sleep!" Bam-Bam responded solemnly.

He yanked on his hair, cursing himself for passing on that golden opportunity. "Wait a minute! I passed out in front of the Devil."

Bam-Bam chuckled quietly. "There's no need to be too hard on yourself, Master. Everything is proceeding as planned. Isn't this all for your benefit? You were not required to appear in public."

"But I lost my chance to spend time with that Devil!" He bemoaned.

"You are mistaken, Master. In fact, you've arrived to the Devil's lair!"

"Eh?! Is this his residence?"

"Yes! Do-Yun, the young master, persuaded his father to send you here. They simply headed out to the party. They will return later."

After hearing that, he exhaled a sigh of relief. At the very least, he may spend some time at their home. Bam-Bam was correct. His fear was immediately alleviated once he passed unconscious. He'd be in big danger if he showed his face to the world just a few hours after his supposed suicide.

Now he had to devise a strategy for convincing the Devil to let him stay in his home. He needed to be by his side to woo him and make him fall in love with him.

He couldn't help but question why he had to do all of this after being stunned by the truth he had just discovered.

"Bam-Bam! Please tell me the truth! What exactly are you? What are you doing to me? To be honest, I couldn't believe Jeon Jungkook had managed to prolong my life. I used a poisoned blade to damage my heart! I have no idea how I managed to survive! "Are you sure you have nothing to do with this?" He reached out his hand and grabbed the creature's leg. He wasn't going to let go till this monster told him everything!

Bam-Bam gave Taehyung a sheepish look. He had him!

"I'm a soul keeper, a magical creature." I have the power to give a person's soul a second chance. I happened to see you that night when Jungkook arrived to destroy your guild. I was taken by your bravery and daring, therefore I didn't let you die."

'I was bored at the moment and wanted to have some fun... the interaction between you and that man seemed like it was a lot of fun. Haha.' Bam-Bam contributed to his ideas. He didn't dare to speak it out for fear of being beaten by Taehyung.

Meanwhile, Taehyung gave the fluffy creature a hard stare. He desired to cut him into small bits. So this creature was the perpetrator, assisting the Devil in preserving his life!

"Are you certain I am not the Devil himself?" You're doing him a favor by keeping me alive!" He chastised him.

Bam-Bam just pretended to be innocent, making a beautiful face. "Of course not," you say. I simply do not want you to go to hell, therefore I am giving you another opportunity. Furthermore, this Devil has sworn to track you down even in hell."

Taehyung just pursed his lips and let go of Bam-Bam's feet. He was still irritated by this creature's intrusion. He was attempting to alter his fate. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

"Ignore it. When the time comes, I will deal with you. He warned him, "I'll drag you to hell with me," but Bam-Bam merely laughed it off.

"Quit laughing! I have one more item I'd want to confirm with you."

"What is it, Master?"

"How did you decide on Vante Scarlett as my new identity?" "But why him?" Taehyung squinted his gaze at this devious and cunning magical monster. He was skeptical of his motivation for allowing him to utilize Vante's body.

Bam-Bam made an uncomfortable laugh. If he dared to lie to him, he seemed to want to devour him alive.

"Nothing specific." It just so happens that he's going to die, and your soul is a great fit for his body. Besides, he intended to die, so why not steal his body and live as him for a while?"

After hearing his explanation, Taehyung snarled. "He didn't kill himself!" You moron! Someone was out to get him. He was murdered! What if someone tries to kill me again after discovering that Vante is still alive? What would happen to my soul if I die as Vante before completing my mission?"

"Ahem... The actual question, Master, is what will happen to your body, not your spirit!" Bam-Bam scratched his cheek with his paw.

"Huh? "What exactly do you mean?" He inquired, his eyes wide with confusion.

"Master... Despite the fact that you are utilizing Vante's body, your soul remains connected to your own body. So any sentiments or experiences you have will be felt by your original body as well. For example, if you are stabbed, your actual body will bleed and get the identical wound."

Taehyung : "..."

"To put it another way, Master... You must safeguard Vante's body as if it were your own. As a result, you should not allow anyone to harm or murder him. Don't be concerned, Master. I'm confident you can achieve it! Taehyung, the greatest assassin of all time! Catch the criminal and solve the crime!"

_____

Happy Reading