Prologue - A New World

Happy New Year! This has been in my drafts for a couple months now, and what better time to publish it than now?

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Is this really how it ends for me? Did I really lose like this?

It's strange. My mind is filled with a weird sense of clarity. Is it some sort of terminal lucidity? Regardless, I... feel a bit of regret. What was the point of my life, have I truly accomplished anything yet?

Horikita Manabu's words reverberated through my mind. "Let the student known as Ayanokouji Kiyotaka be carved into the minds of the studenrs, and they will not forget your existence." Have I reallt done something like that yet?

I felt slightly disappointed in the end. The student known as Ayanokouji Kiyotaka will soon become a passing thought, and might even become forgotten altogether. If I had another chance... would I do something different? Could I get another chance? If there was a god out there, I'd pray for a second chance.

Suddenly, a light shone for a second, just to be covered by an overwhelming darkness. If there was a god out there, they would've killed me twice if I had epilepsy. I heard some voices in the distance, even while I couldn't physically open my eyes.

"Hey! This one's still moving, do it more carefully! What if he got away?"

"What the hell...I could've sworn he died."

"You must be on something. Did you get some Naku Weed from Inazuma or something?"

Suddenly, I felt like I could control my body again. It was as if I was a spectator before, and finally entered first person. It would've been very cruel to have died immediately after being reincarnated.

I opened my eyes to see 4, no, 5 grown men, some equipped with weapons. On the ground, there were 2 other 2, presumably deceased, people. The others seem to be hostile, so I'll have to fight immediately. For now, they think I'm injured and can't move yet.

I have a white spear in my right hand, so I prepared to get up and fight. One of them walked towards me carelessly, holding a throwing knife. I swept his feet from under him with a kick of my own, then got up using my spear then stabbed him with it.

Although my wounds were presumably healed, judging by the holes in my outfit, this body still wasn't as strong as my old one. The others, now realizing that I could still fight, were on guard.

"You! What the hell?"

One of them charged at me, considerably bigger than the others. He didn't have a weapon, so I wasn't too worried. One of the others had a throwing knife, and the other two carried a bottle of some kind, maybe a Molotov?

The big one winded up his right arm, then lunged towards me. It was a very televised attack, one that I didn't need to spend much energy dodging. I dashed to the right in order to keep some distance, so I could stab him with my spear.

It wasn't a fatal hit, since it didn't reach any of his internal organs, but he definitely took a hit. I saw the other 3 ready their throw. I needed to watch out for the two bottle throwers, since it contained some sort of unusual substance. I dashed backwards as they threw the bottles, then grabbed the throwing knife out of mid air. It hurt my hands a bit, but I've went through worse situations involving my hand and a knife.

The big guy was still staggered for a bit, so I threw the knife at his head. 2 down, 3 to go. I was about to run out of stamina, so I had to take care of this fast.

I dashed towards the two bottle throwers, sweeping the two of them with my spear. I did a quick stab through one of them, then smacked the other one in the head with the butt of my spear. Unfortunately, the knife thrower threw one at me, but I couldn't dodge in time due to my fatigue. I contorted my body in order to have it not hit my vitals, although it still went dangerously close.