5 - Afterglow

I finally decided to utilize this feature

I finally decided to utilize this feature. This might be spoilers, but I thought the scheduled release feature was really cool. Anyways, I'll be gone for now. Have fun.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Mmmm..."

I looked to my right to find Lumine in the same bed as me. It seems like I woke up before Lumine did, evidently. My mind felt a little blank, but I still remembered the events of yesterday.

It was very unlike me, acting in the spur of the moment. It definitely had something to do with the alcohol, but it's still foolish of me.

"Hey, Kiyotaka."

While I was delving into my thoughts, it seems like my movements woke her up. I felt her arm wrapped around mine suddenly. Her eyes were still closed, and she buried her face into my arm.

Call me self-centered, but it felt like she was taking in my scent. Is that enough to be considered sexual harassment? Could I sue for that?

"Good morning." I slowly brushed her golden hair as she opened her eyes and looked up as me.

"That's a great response." Lumine retorted sarcastically. "That was my first time, you know?"

"Is that so? I'm a little surprised."

She looked at me in shock. "Don't tell me you thought I got around like that? That's not very nice."

I shrugged and explained my thought process. "Well, you're much older than me, and you seemed very experienced."

"Haha, now you're calling me old. You don't really know how to treat a woman well."

"I never claimed it was my specialty."

Although she quipped at me, it wasn't in any malicious intent. That's just the type of person she is.

"You wanna know why I never did it?" She asked.

"Yeah." I admitted. To tell the truth, I was pretty curious as to why. It seemed rather unnatural, since I've heard that many people end up doing the act before they become adults.

"Well, it's because I didn't want to have to abandon them. Me and my brother are destined to travel worlds, so I felt that it was unfair of me to leave so suddenly. I'd seem like a deadbeat dad if I were to."

Deadbeat dad... You could kind of say I had experience with one, even though he did provide shelter and food. It might be more accurate to say I had a deadbeat mom, although I didn't actually know who she was in the end.

"So... why am I the exception?" I had no idea why. At best, I could guess that it was another heat of the moment decision.

Lumine placed her thumb on her chin, as if pondering the meaning of life. "Honestly... I don't really know."