2 - Experimentation

I actually combined two chapters, since they were both around 1.5k words. Hopefully it doesn't affect the flow of the story too much, though the pacing is already kind of strange, even for my standards.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I ran back to Liyue Harbor after defeating the Treasure Hoarders. Tomorrow, I'll hopefully be getting new options in terms of fighting back.

It didn't take me long to get back, since I wasn't too far away. On the streets of Liyue, I noticed one of my acquaintances. I saw her talking to another woman in one of Liyue's perfume shops.

"All three perfumes are ready. And you, my friend, were an excellent assistant." The woman said to Lumine.

"Hey, Lumine. Am I intruding on something?"

They looked towards me. "Kiyotaka? I haven't seen you in a while. Were you alright?" Lumine asked, concern clearly visible on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Who's this lady?" I inquired. Her clothes lead me to believe that she's the owner of the shop.

"Ah, I'm Ying'er. Fufu, is this who it's for? It makes sense, he's pretty handsome." Ying'er flirtatiously smirked.

Lumine deadpanned. "I told you it was for Rex Lapis, didn't I?"

"Sorry, sorry. Anyways, you remember the uses, right?"

Lumine nodded.

"Alright then, you're good to go. Don't go too overboard, alright? Have fun..."

We walked away awkwardly. Honestly, she kind of reminded me of someone I knew. I can't really put my finger on it. Paimon stared at me, confused. I stared back.

"Mr. Millelith Guard? Paimon thought you died!"

"I didn't, but wait, does that mean you'd just walk away if I died?"

"Ehe, Paimon isn't going to answer this one." She scratched her head, avoiding the question.

"Anyways," I got back on track. "What were you two doing?"

The two looked at each other. "It should be fine for him to know, right? He's pretty trustworthy." Paimon asked. Lumine nodded in agreement.

"Are you the type to question someone's trustworthiness in front of them?"

"Well, here's the thing..."

.

They explained what happened after I 'got knocked out'. They went with the guy, who turns out to be a Fatui Harbinger that goes by the name Childe. Unsurprisingly, he's a really strong person. If I was to seriously fight him, I wasn't too sure about my chances of winning.

After that, they were sent to meet with the Adepti, in order to get their help. The Adepti are a group of illuminated beasts or gods. They're often worshipped as deities, and have watched over Liyue Harbor.

Next, they met with someone named Zhongli, who is a consultant of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor. I thought it was a little strange for them to go from Fatui Harbinger to a consultant of a funeral parlor, but what do I know?

They went to go get perfume in order to do a Rite of Parting, since Rex Lapis is now dead. I never really took in his death fully. Even in this world, deicide is extremely rare. So for the oldest archon to fall, it was a rare event. One that happened to occur within my lifetime.

Maybe this signifies the changing times. It seems every faction has their own plans. Either way, I have to try and prepare whatever I can. Something that could kill a god could also kill me, of course.