VII

𖦹*ੈ𝐒𝐞𝐳𝐞 𓇼 ˚𓆝

      Fourteen years ago, a baby girl was born

And only a few weeks ago, she discovered what it meant to like someone.

Today, she teaches breathing exercises to the Sully children alongside Tsireya, Ao'nung, and Rotxo.
They were doing great, to her pleasure. Ronal and Tonowari, along with some of the elders, figured it was time she was allowed to go back to her daily life: hunting, teaching, healing.

It made her feel normal again.
No visions, no weird fish people, just her, her clan, and the Sully's.

She'd even taken on the task of babysitting Tuk here and there, and she would stop in their pod to spend time with Neytiri.
Seze and Kiri were getting especially close, their bond with Eywa being their main tie.

But Kiri was also a sweet girl, someone Seze felt like she could talk to about things she didn't even tell Tsireya about.

She breathes in and out with the rest of them.
She opens her eyes softly. "The way of water has no beginning and no end. Our hearts beat in the womb of the world," She speaks gently.

"The sea is your home, before your birth and after your death," Tsireya continues.

"The sea gives and the sea takes. Water connects all things: life to death, darkness to light."

The rest of them open their eyes as well.
Lo'ak seemingly preoccupied, stares at the ground beneath him.

Tuk crawls across the rock and seats herself in Seze's lap, legs wrapped around her back as she plays with her curls.
She tickles the girls sides, making her squeal and laugh uncontrollably.

"Ah, you still my heart every time you laugh, Tuktirey," she grins.
"I might have to steal you from your family, take you far and never return."

Tuk hugs her tightly, Seze returning the gesture.

Lo'ak beings to speak of a Tulkun he encounter when going past the reef.
"The Tulkun have not returned yet, and anyway, no Tulkun is ever alone," Ao'nung says.

Lo'ak shakes his head. "Well this one was. He had uh, um- a missing fin," he points to his arm.

Seze's head shoots up.
"Payakan," She whispers, almost as if the name is a curse in itself. "It was Payakan."

"Who's Payakan?"

The Metkayina clan members move in closer, Seze subconsciously holding Tuk a little tighter.
"A young tulkun who went rogue. He's outcast — alone," Rotxo says, "and he has a missing fin."

Tsireya clutches Lo'ak's arm. "They say he is a killer."

"No... No-"

"He killed Na'vi and other tulkun," Ao'nung continues. "Not here but far to the south."