Chapter 1: The Dashing Stallion Upon a Hill

The sun was slowly setting over Teyvat, painting the sky a lovely hue of orange, like a Zaytun Peach. Puffy clouds, like snow from Dragonspine's peaks crowded the sky. Kaveh, sitting upon a branch that had broken off of a giant Sumeru tree, his feet dangling in the shallow, swampy water, propped his head on his hand and stared melancholically at the beautiful sunset. He sighed deeply. Kaveh had lost something important to him; his artist's spark.

Yes, even this extremely talented architect suffered from a little something called art block from time to time. And Kaveh knew the exact reason why: he lacked beautiful things in his life lately. For Kaveh, like a sponge, sucked in the bright, the sparkling, the delicate, the elegant, the lovely. Like a plant, Kaveh could wilt without a steady stream of all that he admired. And that steady stream had slowly drained itself. Even the beautiful sunset bored him now. No, Kaveh needed another source of inspiration than everything he observed. He needed to feel beauty.

"Neeeigh!"

Kaveh whipped his head up. Beside him, Mehrak was also alert, facing toward the source of the sudden sound.

Upon a large hill, just a few hundred meters away from Kaveh, illuminated from the back by the blood-red setting sun, stood a large figure of... a horse. The horse was large and muscular, with a long tail that streamed in the wind like banners from Liyue. His legs were tall and slender, and his neck was long and elegant.

"Beautiful," Kaveh whispered, staring at the silhouette of the horse. Slowly, he got up from the branch, and, drawn in by the horse's beautiful figure,  approached it.

An art-blocked Kaveh is on a journey to find inspiration. But perhaps the mysterious horse he met is a bit more than just a muse? Find out in the next chapter!