1. Last Words

The year was 1692 during the Salem Witch Trials

Helena Youthmire was a powerful witch born from two mere mortals, she possessed 3 active powers: mind, molecular manipulation, and the power of premonitions.

She was the first in her family, but she made sure she wasn't the last first anything...

Flashback (Helena's POV)
An angry mob with pitchforks surrounds the outside of where I lay my head as I'm writing my last entry in my Book Of Shadows as I know and sense what's about to come.

"Come on out you devil's harlot, you either present yourself gracefully or you shall be forced!"

I close my book and I turn to my husband, "I know you may not understand the craft, but we've created a beautiful little girl who will posses one of my powers, I want you to promise me that you won't strip her away from her birthright, this is a book of every spell I've ever casted, every potion I've ever concocted, and every creature I ever faced, they're blank pages that our little girl will be filling of her own based on her own encounters, you have to forget me my love, for this will be the last day you will see me,"

Tears streamed down both of our faces as we graced each other's lips with one last kiss, "I love you my little one." I say as I get one more look at my daughter.

"Distant, I shall keep you close in my heart,
But, this is where we may grow apart,
From me you shall not be around, as I send you somewhere safe and sound."

I chanted as white and gold lights swirl around the two sending them anywhere but here.

My heart travels directly to my stomach as soon as the mob barges into my home, I can easily use my telekinesis to send them away, but the premonition I had won't come true.

"Where's your husband and bastard, witch!"

"I rather die than tell you!" I replied very smug.

"If you have the power of foresight, I'm sure you already knew that was a guarantee." The head mobber Victor stated as he placed the very middle of his pitchfork onto my neck.

I gulped, "I'm not telling you."

"You dimwitted broad!" He shouted as he aggressively picked me up as the mob followed his every move making sure if I were to wiggle my way out, they'd be right there to make sure I don't escape, he throws my body onto a stake, I feel my arms getting tightly tied behind my back, cutting my wrists to the point blood is even drawn.

"Any last words, Helena?" Victor taunted

"You may vanquish me today but, I will still live years on, each woman from my bloodline will have one of my powers until that one gives birth to 3 wiccans who will split my powers equally by seniority, and will be known as The Charmed Ones, the most powerful witches to ever exist!"

"REIGN FIRE!" Was the last thing I heard as my flesh burned a way.

2 years ago 2021 (Dominic's POV)
"Diana was a beautiful, compassionate, and charismatic woman, a mother of 3 sons, Dominic, Denim, & Dru Wynston who she loved very dearly..." The pastor goes on and all I can think about is how my brothers and I were my mother's only intermediate family left and 2/3 of us could barely getting along, Dru and I always at each other's necks while Denim constantly has to mediate, "The Power of Three will set you free." She used to make us say anytime we would argue as kids.

Can't believe she's gone.

Denim's POV
I can tell Dominic's trying to hold it together, as the oldest brother, and basically first male born into a family dominated by women, but me? I'm a wreck, I've always been the most emotional one, Dominic comforts me as I'm getting my suit wet from the tears violently dripping from my chin, I felt like I was bout to throw up there on those church floors.

All I could think about is "Why?"

Dru's POV
It's been a minute since I been back home, but for some reason, I just couldn't step into that church, I can already tell you what's going on, Dom's probably trying to put on his Superman emotionless act, Denim is probably about to kill himself just from crying, while a pastor is going around in circles talking about a whole bunch of nothing.

But, all I can think about is how I didn't get any last memories before it was too late...