8. New Life Pt. 2

Omniscient POV
"Every potion is not gonna have the ingredients step by step, sometimes you'll just have to know, but we're gonna keep the book by us when making one just to be safe until the three of you are comfortable with the craft that you know some of these spells and potion brews by the back of your hand." Calissa spoke as she walked back and forth like a professor giving a college lesson.

"Now the key to potion making isn't always about being the best cook, even though the best potion makers are typically great cooks, but it's about timing, having a good consistency, and knowing the right amount, and if it's wrong trust me your bre...

"Now the key to potion making isn't always about being the best cook, even though the best potion makers are typically great cooks, but it's about timing, having a good consistency, and knowing the right amount, and if it's wrong trust me your brew will tell you." Calia chuckled at the ending of her lecture.

"What's funny about the brew?" Dru questioned nervously.

"Anyways, did you get the things that were on your list." Calissa quickly changed the subject.

"I didn't know such stores existed until today, but I was asked to get a mortar and pestle." Dominic announced as he put those items down.

Dru hesitates and rolls his eyes as he pulls out a jar of dried maggots.

"I don't know why you're rolling your eyes, you didn't even have the worst ingredient." Dom said as everyone's attention directed to Denim.

"What did I do?" Denim grew worried.

"Did you get your item on the list?" Dominic asked as his tone raised a little.

"A list of what?" Denim blurted confused and defensively.

"The lizard sperm for the Chameleon demon vanquishing potion, I asked you to go lizard hunting since you have the power to immobilize them if they're moving too fast to catch." Calissa explained becoming frustrated.

"I don't think the three of you are ready to be The Charmed Ones if you can't remember simple orders." Calissa declared.

"I don't know he's usually not like this, to be real, he's never like this, out of the three of us he's usually the most planned out." Dru explained on his brother's behalf.

"Well, figure that situation out, we have a demon to vanquish, and I need The Power of Three to be in a stable mind for that to even work." Calissa replied with a very snarky tone.

"WAIT!" Dominic shouted, "I caught Denim in the attic last night, maybe he was casting some type of spell that backfired.

"Does the backfire fuck with his memory?" Dru chimed in.

"Book of Shadows, show me the spell that Denim recently casted."