7- Ollivanders and Owls

[Outside back in Diagon Alley, Harry and Hagrid are walking through the street. Harry has bought most of his equipment, and is reading his list.]

"I still need... a wand." Harry tells Hagrid the last thing on his list.

"A wand? Well, yeh'll want Ollivanders." Hagrid tells Harry, pointing to the store. "There ain't no place better. Why don't you run along there and wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long." Hagrid tells Harry, gesturing for him to go ahead.

[Harry goes into the store, quietly. He looks around. There are shelves of wands in boxes, but no people.]

"Hello? Hello?" Harry softly calls out into the seemingly empty store.

[Then, a noise came from the back, and a man appears on a ladder and looks at Harry. The man is Ollivander and he smiles.]

"He scared me the first time that I went in." A random student says, which makes others voice their agreement as he has a habit of suddenly appearing.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands." Ollivander tells Harry, who looks interested at the mention of his parents.

McGonagall looks upset at the mention of her past students, which she holds close. Padfoot whines and rests his head on Harry's lap. Harry pats the dog's head while Remus sits beside them, missing his best friends.

Snape remembers the day that they got their wands, looking down at the floor missing Lily.

Ollivander picks a wand, "Ah. Here we are." Harry holds it, but does nothing.

"Well, give it a wave." Ollivander tells the boy who's just standing there, confused.

[Harry is hesitant, but waves. This causes most of the boxes to come flying out and crashing down. Harry jumps and hurriedly puts the wand back on the counter.]

People laugh at the boy who rushed to put the wand down after causing some chaos.

"Apparently not." Ollivander denies before getting another wand from a box.

"Perhaps this." Harry waves at a vase, which shatters, startling Harry.

"Harry chose destruction that day." The Weasley's twins tease the boy who just shakes his head at them.

"No, no, definitely not! No matter." Ollivander gets another wand from a box but stops and becomes thoughtful.

"I wonder..." Ollivander hands the wand to Harry.

[No sooner after he touched it, Harry suddenly glows under it, blowing his hair up and several of the paperwork in the background. Ollivander looked a bit surprised and deep in thought.]

Everyone sits shocked at the magic displayed on screen.

"That's powerful magic, Mr. Potter." McGonagall tells the boy who is surprised, not knowing that.

"Curious. Very curious." Ollivander remarks, thoughtfully.

"Sorry, but what's curious?" Harry questions, confused.

People lean in also curious, wondering why that's curious.

Ollivander examines the wand he gave to Harry, "I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It just so happens that the phoenix, whose tail feather resides in your wand gave another feather, just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar." He points to the lighting bolt scar on Harry's forehead.