𝟼

Song- High by Dua Lipa

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪

I rolled my eyes at the sound of the asshole's voice. By the way, his name is David Fucking Jones. Ever since I rejected going out with the guy, he's been an asshole to me. In fact, he's the reason why it took me 10 whole missions to prove myself as an extraordinary assassin; the man always found some sort of flaw and immediately pointed it out.

"Jealous much, asshole?" Someone cleared their throat, and I internally scolded myself to let myself forget that we were in a meeting.

——————
After the meeting...

Two gruesome hours later, I was finally able to leave, and I ran for the first chance I was given. I did want to accidentally face David; seeing his face constantly for two hours was more than enough. Apparently, I was chosen in Sasha's place as the new assassin for the mission, even though I tried to persuade them otherwise. For some reason, I felt guilty and blamed myself for letting her get shot, and this just worsened that guilt because it felt as if I was replacing her.

The news of the previous night's shooting was all over the place, as police had apparently surrounded the area, so I was instructed not to go anywhere near that place, which was fine with me.

I got out of the building as fast as I could and directly went home, took a shower, and put on a new pair of comfortable clothes, deciding to take a nap.

When I woke up, it was 5 in the evening.

Damn, I slept for a long time!

Since I had nothing to do for the rest of the day, I decided to call Jack, who was another friend of mine. Carlos, Jack, and Sasha were the first three people I knew when I joined the company. Jack was also an extraordinary doctor who helped assassins who were injured after their missions, but since Sasha was shot at the club, she was in the main hospital for assassins, and Jack was posted in a different area.

"Hey, are you free tonight?" I asked him, as I felt like going to a bar, my favorite place in the world. Alcohol helped me forget the things going on and made me feel carefree, so after I started training, it became my one and only source of escape.

"Yeah, sure. We can go to Nick's; maybe I'll find some hotties to hook up with." Also, Jack was interested in guys, unfortunately, because, trust me, if he were into girls, I would have definitely banned him.

"Perfect, I'll meet you there in an hour." Jack was also what you call my drinking buddy; if I didn't go home with somebody, I could always trust him to bring me home safely, and on top of that, he kept the creeps away. Not that it was a problem since I always had a gun on me.

I quickly changed into a tight black bodycon dress with see-through sleeves. I loved this dress a lot since it hugged my body in the most perfect way possible. Putting on a little makeup, I made my way towards my apartment door while grabbing my car keys and my mobile phone.