There was a weird silence in the room, with old seniors and new juniors just sitting there awkwardly trying to converse but can't come up with anything that could last a while.. Oh, but lucky them their saviour came at the right moment, the coach, Rahul Dravid.

He sensed the awkward silence in the room between the players and through his eyes he tried to tell the seniors to converse with the juniors properly, at least a proper introductuon could be better for the team play.

Though it was useless. But rohit finally understood after a few mins and gave an short and simple introduction.

Rohit- My name is Rohit Sharma, I am mainly a Batsman, age 27.

When rohit spoke the other seniors finally understood what the coach was referring to, not trying to be more awkward they all started to give their intro one by one

Shubhman- My name is Shubhman Gill, I am also mainly a batsman, age 26

Rahul- My name is Krunal Rahul, I am also mainly a batsman, Age 26

Shami- My name is Mohammed Shami, I am mainly a bowler, Age 26

All four of them then spoke in a coordination "We welcome you to the team"

The four juniors looked at each other contemplating who should introduce themselves first, after their eye battle which felt like hours, Virat spoke first

Virat- My name is Virat Kohli, I am also mainly a batsman, age 24

Hardik- My name is Hardik Pandeya, I can play the role of batsman and bowler, I am pretty good at both, age 23

Siraj- My name is Mohammed Siraj, I am mainly a bowler, age 23

Ishan- My name is Ishan Kishan, I am also mainly a batsman but I am a good wicket keeper also, age 23

Now the things were silent again, they were even more awkward. Finally breaking the silence again, the coach spoke.

Dravid- you are going to be sharing rooms and the terms are, one junior and one senior, you all really need to know each other or game play would be effected heavily from that.

And I make the pairs, you don't get to chose.

So listen up quick

Rahul-Hardik
Rohit-Virat
Shub-Ishan
Shami-Siraj

These are all the pairs and i need you to strictly follow them no partner exchanges are allowed

Rohit- okay sir we would make sure that, you need not to worry yourself.

Dravid- I am counting on you Rohit, and you four newbies, listen this is the house where you will be living. It's a personal house provided by the BCI, with a cricket ground right behind it, that's where we practice so don't be late 9:00 am sharp.

Virat- Sir, From 9:00 am to?

Dravid- 9:00 am to 2:00 pm that's the usual time but sometimes it might take more or less. After the practice you can do whatever you like playing games, or swimming these 4 will give a tour of the house. But sharp reminder from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm is gym time so you can build stamina.

Rahul- But sir why is-

Dravid- Rahul stop being lazy and give them a tour

Rahul- Sir when one us can do that why make the other three work.

Dravid- okay if it is like that Rahul, then you will give a personal tour to hardik, rohit to virat, shami to siraj, and shubh to ishan.

The other three seniors just looked at rahul and said in the most sarcastic way possible in a unison

"Thank you, Rahul"

The juniors just shared a silent laugh looking at the Rahul acting like a baby at the sarcasm, then ishan just whispered something that turned hardik's suppressed laugh into giggles as hardik slightly leaned over to the other two tell what ishan had said and they all giggled together. While, completely forgetting the presence of their seniors and the coach, but they came back to the reality quick when the coach questioned them.

Dravid- Do you all know each other? From way back?

Ishan- uhh yes we actually do, best friends since the third grade and just have been forever that till now and most probably always will be.

Dravid- oh. That's great you all should go settle in and come down stairs for dinner after a while. And you four make sure to give them a tour tomorrow

Rohit- Yes sir

That's it for today

I actually wrote this like 2-3 days ago but forgot yo update.

I know it's kinda boring right now but the next episode is where the fun starts.

Bye