Tsutomu Goshiki | Worship Me.

You agreed to watch Goshiki practice his spiking as you sat on a bench, watching his moves. Goshiki tried his best to amaze you, pushing himself a little more to seem... "cool."

Goshiki landed a harsh spike, almost out of bounds, though. The wing spiker's head swirled over towards your direction with a big smile on his face.

"Hey, Hey! Did you see that?!" He questioned, growing rather ecstatic. You looked up from the floor, immediately at Goshiki as you slightly chewed your lip. You didn't want to upset him at all, yet you missed the spike he just landed.

Instead, you gave him a nod with a soft smile, and along with a small clap of praise. Goshiki's smile widened more as his eyes lit up brightly. "See? Told you I'm pretty cool. Aren't I?" Goshiki snickered, his ego way too high at this moment.

You took notice of the look on Goshiki's face, and tried your best to praise the wing spiker. Luckily, your words of encouragement seemed to boost his excitement, almost as if you gave him the praise he so desperately wished for.

Goshiki grabbed the volleyball before approaching and jumping over to the back of the bench, sitting down at a slight angle. He looked up at you, giving a grin, as he tilted his head to the side, looking at you.

"Hey, Can I ask you something?" Goshiki lowered his voice a little, giving a slight tilt to his head. "Oh of course." You nodded once again, noticing his change of expression shifted. You knew it was definitely something volleyball related.

The wing spiker looked down before quickly looking up again, taking in a breath. "Will you.. be there for future volleyball matches??" Goshiki stiffened up all of a sudden after he spat out his question, dipping his head slightly down.

You could tell Goshiki was desperate to hear you say yes. The wing spiker had his eyes squeezed shut before you rub the back of your neck with a sigh. "I will, but probably not practice matches." You added on.

Goshiki took that as a full yes, his eyes widened as he stared at you with a smile curling on his lips. "Alright, then!" He nodded quickly, the volleyball still sitting in his hands.

Just by observing the wing spiker's face and how he acted around you, he had a slightly obvious crush on you. Surprisingly, he was more lively around you, and talked more.

Here was the problem; you couldn't find, nor grasp the same feelings Goshiki had for you.

You glanced at the floor again, your eyes locking on the same spot as you went into thought. Goshiki blinked confusingly before deciding to speak up. "Um, Y/N?" Goshiki tapped one of your arms that was closest towards his body, eventually poking you out of your thoughts.

"Oh, sorry." You mumbled, placing your hands in your lap as Goshiki shook his head with a smile. The wing spiker hesitated to speak up again. Silence entered the room between you two as you slightly pulled out your phone from your pocket, checking the time.

Goshiki grumbled, his shoulders rising. Looked like he really wanted to say something, but it wouldn't leave his mouth at all.

"Gooooshikii, where are you?" A voice wandered around the area of the gym as both you and Goshiki perked up at the voice. "Tendou?" You mumble as Goshiki gave a slow nod, watching the tall, messy red haired boy slip into the volleyball gym.

"Oh! There you are, me and the gang were about to leave ya." Tendou grinned at Goshiki as he stiffened up once more. "Really?! I'm sorry, I'll be there in a second." Goshiki responded in a rush, grabbing his bag and belongings.

He then glanced at you, pausing before waving a small goodbye. "I'll see you later, and hopefully at a match." The wing spiker softly smiled before rubbing his head and walking away.

Tendou squinted his eyes at Goshiki before giving you a silent, yet ecstatic wave too. The middle blocker turned his attention towards Goshiki as they walked and talked. "Oooh? You got a thing for 'em or something?" Tendou's smile widened as Goshiki froze. "Um, no!" Of course, it was pretty obvious he was lying.

"Pff, yeah right!" Tendou slightly teased, patting Goshiki's shoulder before they both left the gym. You decided to leave the gym shortly after they left as well. You glanced outside, still noticing Goshiki and the rest of his team was there.

"C'mon, man. We gotta go now!" Shirabu folded his arms, growing impatient as he slightly snapped at Goshiki.

"Okay, but wait, just.." Goshiki spotted you in the corner of his eye. He paused, holding up his index finger. "Hold on.." He mumbled, approaching your way.

Shirabu rubbed his face with an exhausting sigh. "Let's just get a head start." The setter shook his head, walking ahead.

"Y/N! Um, I have something to say." Goshiki spoke up as you looked his direction. He immediately eyed the ground nervously before shaking his head with a inhale. "I'm just gonna say it." Goshiki mumbled before speaking up fully again. "I like.. you." He blew out an exhale afterwards, looking up to see your reaction.

It didn't really catch you off guard, since you knew from the start. You gave him a smile instead, which caused him to form a pink hue on his face. He sat there with his eyes widened and his body completely stiff.

"Oh, Goshiki. It was completely obvious." You slightly snicker before backing your words up. "But, I'm glad you told me how you feel." You add on as Goshiki opened his mouth, no words rolling off his tongue yet.

"But." Goshiki eventually spoke, curling and uncurling his hands while looking away. "Do you.. feel the same way?" The wing spiker questioned as you hesitated. You needed to tell him the truth, but at the same time, wouldn't he be destroyed?

"Um, Goshiki I'll be completely honest with you-" You cut yourself off, looking over Goshiki and spotting Ushijima who approached the wing spiker from behind. Goshiki tilted his head with a blink, looking over his shoulder.

He immediately paused once he saw Ushijima. The current ace glanced over to the rest of the team who was already ready to leave without a single word, yet Goshiki understood. "Ah, um, sorry Y/N. I have to go.. now." Goshiki whispered before waving goodbye again, going off with his teammates.

You didn't mind at all. Besides, you didn't have the heart to tell him face to face like that.

All you had to do is hope that Goshiki didn't bring that topic up again.

... Which was unlikely to happen.

~*~
I love how I add Tendou and other people from Shiratorizawa in chapters that aren't even theirs, like.. all of the time.

Have a great day!