New Years Resolution

Monica

I went to see Siedah every day, I wanted to see her to make sure she was coming back to me. Her mother finally came up and we would take breaks on being there with her in the hospital. I still had to help Franklin. Life still went on outside the hospital.

On day 5 they had Siedah get up and walk around the hospital corridor outside her room. She was in a lot of pain getting off the bed, but she was determined. I was able to walk her up and down the hallways.

"How you doing, girl?" I asked as she slowly walked, taking each step carefully while dragging along her fluids. She had her other hand wrapped in my arm for balance.

"I'm doing, shit," she said, stepping slowly. She paused and took a breath. "I wanna see Marcus." she panted as she took another step.

"I know you do Boo, but let's get you up and running first so you can help him," I responded. I knew she wanted to see him. But he's still messed up, trying to recover. I just know he's gonna make it.

He has to. For Siedah.

"I know," she said as she took another step. "I just need to see him. He needs to hear my voice," she finished.

"I know Siedah, and you will," I said, reassuring her. "Let's work on you first." And we continued up and down the hallway.

"It's crazy that Gerald did all of this." Siedah uttered. I could hear the regretful tone in her voice.

"He was obsessed with you and he didn't want anyone else to have you," We stepped slowly, wavering back and forth like an old couple.

"But he had so much going on. He had a great life with the ideal job and he was growing as an individual in the financial world. But he wanted me," she mentioned. She didn't understand why Gerald couldn't leave her alone. .

"You are an amazing person Siedah," I tapped her hand as she held on to me.

"I know I'm amazing, that's why you're my sistah-girlfriend," she joked as we made a u-turn at the end of the hallway.

"Oh you got jokes, okay well you comin' back," I laughed.

I was happy my Siedah was coming back.

§

Siedah

Here I was, in the hospital. Gerald had shot me over some shit that I probably pushed him to do. But he also shot Marcus too. He didn't deserve it. He didn't have to deal with my bullshit. I didn't want him to get hurt at all. At least Justine just cheated on him, I got this motherfucker shot.

"I can't believe he shot himself though, that's some sick shit to just kill yourself," I couldn't understand the 'why' behind it all.

"Yeah it is, just to finish your life right there - The End." Monica said.

It made me think. Monica was right.

He ended his life because he couldn't have me.

"Do you think Marcus will be mad?" I asked.

"Mad? Why would he be mad at you?"

"Because of what happened," I said as I stopped as we headed back to my room. I had had enough of walking. "I didn't want him to get hurt because of me,"

"Girl please, he is not going to be mad at you." Monica said as we stopped at the door.

"Bitch I got him shot!" I whispered loudly.