Epilogue

Marcus

Siedah and I waited until everyone else left, when we decided to tell Franklin and Monica about what we saw on the security video.

"Hey we got something to tell y'all," I said as we sat in the living room relaxing.

"Wassup?" Franklin said as he rolled a blunt.

"The police called us the other day and said that the gun that was used to shoot us was not the same gun that shot Gerald,"

"What the fuck?" Franklin said.

"What, he didn't shoot himself?" Monica asked.

"Nope, he didn't," Siedah answered.

"Whaaaaaat?" Monica sang.

"Then who killed him?" Franklin asked.

"We looked at the security video because the cops want the footage to see if they could see who else was there,"

"Did y'all see someone?" Franklin asked as he lit the end of the blunt.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Who was it?" Monica asked. I looked at Siedah and she looked at me and raised her eyebrows to go on.

"Justine."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Monica yelled. Franklin damn near choked on the smoke.

"Yup,"

"Are you fucking serious man?" he said.

"Well what are y'all gonna do? Are you gonna give the copy to the police?" Monica asked.

"Yeah we are gonna give them a copy,"

"She got a kid too man," Monica said, shaking her head.

"That's what we said too," Siedah said. "That's why we decided to delete that part from the copy,"

"Oh thank goodness," Monica said, holding her chest. "I know what she did to you Marcus was wrong but she don't deserve the consequences from this,"

"Right, we thought the same way," I said.

"Isn't she gone anyway?" Franklin said as he passed the blunt to Monica.

"Yeah, she left the day of the party,"

"The day we got shot," Siedah said.

"Wow, that's some shit," Franklin said. "She saved y'all lives,"

"Yup she did." I said.

Justine saved our lives. Even though she went a little crazy for a moment, in the end she  did save us.

Siedah told me that she had run into Justine one night when she was leaving the studio and she told me what she said to Justine. I guess it resonated with her because she disappeared after that. I wanted the best for her, even though we were no longer together. I'm glad she came to her senses when she did. Or it could have just been Siedah being the real woman she was and standing up for her man.

We never heard from Justine again and we were fine with that. The police eventually said the case was unsolved due to no witnesses and nothing to lead them to Gerald's killer. 

 Siedah and I were happy it was finally over and we could move on with our lives. We decided to move in together since we got engaged. We weren't rushing anything either as we hadn't set a wedding date. It will eventually happen, but we were going to take one day at a time just like we did with our relationship. 

We were focused on enjoying being together.