Chapter 14

"It's so hot" Kitsune whined.

"We're in the desert Kitsune, it's supposed to be hot" Tenten said as she wiped some sweat from her brow.

"But it can't be this hot, it's so hot you can cook a lobster on a hot rock" Kitsune said then paused in thought.

"You're not cooking a lobster on a hot rock" Tenten said reading Kitsune's mind, "in fact I'm sure you can't even do that."

"Never say never Panda-hime" Kitsune said with a grin.

Tenten groaned as she saw Kitsune rummaging through his rucksack.

"We don't have time for any foolishness" Kurenai said firmly.

Kitsune seemed to ignore the genjutsu mistress as he pulled out a big pot that was already filled with water. Then he pulled out a tank of live lobsters.

"Now who should go first, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?" Kitsune asked.

"You named them?" Kiba asked shocked.

"Of course" Kitsune said.

"Why the days of the week?" Hinata asked.

"No emotional attachment to days of the week unlike if I named him Bob or Carl" Kitsune said.

That actually made sense to the group, something they didn't think would happen with Kitsune. Well except Hana and Tenten.

"Now lets get to cooking" Kitsune said in cooking attire capped off with a big white hat.

"Kitsune" Tenten said.

"Yes Panda-hime?" Kitsune asked as he was preparing the lobster as the water began boiling on a hot rock. Again, something they thought couldn't happen since yes it was hot, but they didn't think it was this hot to do what Kitsune was doing. Little did they know Kitsune had placed a high powered burner under the rock for consistent heat.

"Never mind" Tenten sighed.

Kitsune just nodded as he began cooking the lobsters. Every lobster he dropped into the water gave out an exaggerated Wilhelm scream. Once they were fully cooked they were served. Kitsune had pulled out a large table with a pure white table cloth since when you ate lobster you went to the nines as Kitsune said. No one argued since they weren't sure what to say. They ate and had to say this probably one of the best meals they've ever had.

"We really need to get going" Kurenai said after everyone was finished.

"Awww, but I wanna cook" Kitsune whined as he was about to pull out more ingredients from his rucksack.

Kurenai sighed.

/Scene Break/

The group resumed their trek through the desert.

"Are we there yet?" Kitsune asked.

"No, we're not" Kurenai said trying to keep a calm tone.

Hana took another swig of water from her canteen for what felt like the hundredth time. Her dog companions were panting up a storm even though they were outfitted for the desert. Kitsune actually provided it since he'd never let his precious Dog Maiden's dogs get heat stressed in a desert. The dogs were wearing special suits that helped regulate their body temp since they can't sweat like humans. He even provided one for Akamaru since he could never let an animal suffer.