Chapter 4

"Ugh I can't believe Timmy isn't here. I thought he'd leave later or something." I flop down on Landon's couch and regret it immediately. His couch feels like a big rock. "You know what I'm leaving. I only came for Timmy."

Right as I was going to pretend to leave Landon came and put his hands on my shoulders. Since I was laying and he was above me, it was hard to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Okay, okay! I was kidding."

"That's what I thought." Landon smirked. "Now what do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Sleep? Go bungee jumping? Skiing? Skydiving?" I said throwing suggestions his way. "I'm joking because you'd probably find a way to make them all possible. Let's just hang out here for a while and we'll go from there."

Since I was laying on the couch Landon lifted my legs and sat down next to me. I put my legs on his legs so I could lay again and I felt ten times more comfortable now. I just need something for my poor head.

"Can I ask you something? Like a serious question." I ask Landon after a couple seconds of silence.

"Shoot."

"How are things between you and Alice?" Landon and Alice's relationship used to be way better.

"We're fine." I have him a 'I don't believe you look' and he let out a heavy sigh. "Do you want the truth? We're nothing close to being fine. She left because she said she needed a break for a while, so she could get things off her mind. She left her ring on my dresser this morning. I just wish that we could be how we were when we first started dating. Everything was perfect, we'd act like two best friends conquering the world and now it's different. There have been so many times where I've been so close to telling here that we're over, but I'm trying so hard to keep our relationship alive for Timmy's sake." He looked like he almost wanted to cry. "I don't know what to do. Keep the ring and take her to court, and fight over custody?"

I sat up from the couch and scooted closer to him. "Landon, you have to stop being so paranoid. Stop trying to look into things that are not worth looking into. There isn't a single couple in the world that doesn't go what you're going through."

"Do you still love her?" I softly asked him.

"I'm in love with the person she used to be. The one that I'd be excited to see in the afternoon after not seeing her all morning. The one that wouldn't care if the only thing I was able to buy her were $50 earrings, but now she makes a quick face if the gifts I get her aren't expensive. I want her to understand that there's much more to a relationship than gifts that you'll only use once. I'd pay to have my old Alice back."

"You have to talk to her when she gets back. Even if she tries to interrupt you when you're exposing all of this to her. Don't stop until she hears what you have to say." I grabbed his face so he'd look at me. "Sorry for bringing you down so early in the morning. I'll make it up to you somehow."

Landon grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. It was an uncomfortable hug and first because we were sitting so I shifted my body so I could be in front of him.

"Thanks so much for being here with me." Landon said in my hair.

"Landon I'll do anything to keep you from being down. You're my best friend."

Once Landon had calmed down from our conversation we decided to go out and eat. It was a little past 1 o'clock and Landon still hadn't gotten grocery shopping so we decided to go out and eat.

"The sandwiches here are incredible!" I tell Landon as I take another bite of my lunch.

We decided to walk to a sandwich shop near Landon's building. At first I was a little shy going in because it didn't look like a sandwich shop from the outside, but when we stepped in I relaxed.