Chapter 2

"C'mon!" I yelled in frustration once I get to the train station. I thought I put in the exact amount of cash in my wallet for the ticket and now I'm short five dollars. My money is at the bottom of one of my suitcase but that'll take too long for me to take out. And the train leaves in ten minutes so I won't have time to purchase the ticket.

"You've got to be kidding me." I mutter silently as I look through my side bag a second time hoping that money would appear.

"Having trouble?" A voice surprises me and causes me to drop all of my things on the floor. I don't even bother looking up because I'm already late and frustrated with this whole thing. The random stranger knelt down too and started helping me gather my things. I look up to see who it is and see that it's Jake. Jake has been one of my friends since I started college, and I was lucky enough to have him in one of my classes this year.

"Oh, hey Jake." I say as I throw everything in my bag.

"What's up Paris. Having trouble?" He asked as he handed me my stuff.

"I'm short by five dollars. When did they announce that the train ticket prices were raising?"

Jake chuckled. "It was all over the local news for the past week. I'll give you the five dollars."

"Really? Oh my god Jake you are a lifesaver." I stand up quickly and give him a hug. "Sorry for that I'm just glad that I'm going to be able to get my ticket."

Luckily for me I was standing near the ticket area so I didn't have to walk far and there wasn't any lines.

Once I got my ticket I thanked Jake a million times as we walked over to the trains.

"So where are you headed?" I asked Jake.

"To New York. Going to meet some friends from high school. I'm actually going a day earlier than the rest of the guys, but that doesn't matter. You?"

"That's right! I remember you talking about your reunion with your friends. I'm going to New York too!" He probably didn't see the location when I got my ticket. "I'm meeting up with my friend and his family."

"Let me guess. Your best friend, the Landon Michaels?" He said as he exaggerated the, the.

"Yup." I say popping the p.

We reach our train, find some seats, and wait for the train conductor to scan our tickets.

You can say that Jake is one of my close friends. I actually had a crush on him when I first started talking to him. As we started to get to know each other more and more, I realized that our friendship was all there was going to be between the two of us, and maybe the fact that he had a girlfriend at the time. He still teases me to this day that I used to have a crush on him, even though he admitted that he also had a crush on me, but got over it when he thought Landon and I were dating. I guess I really talked about Landon all the time since I missed him like crazy. If it wasn't for me talking about Landon all the time, I bet Jake and I would've been in a relationship. How weird is that?

"Already planning on ignoring me?" I tease Jake when I see him pull out his earphones.

"Caught me." He chuckled. "I wasn't able to fall asleep last night and I feel like I'm going to pass out any minute. Music makes me sleep faster."

"I'll wake you once we get there." I say to him before I look out the window of the train. Jake was kind enough to let me sit right next to the window.

Once the train started moving, I sent Landon a text and told him that I was on my way. He's going to pick me up with Alice and Timmy.

I look to my left and see that Jake is already fast asleep. His legs are awkwardly stretched out, probably because of how tall he is. Jake is about 6 ft. something, has dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and has a light skin tone. I'd be lying if I said that he wasn't good looking.