𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 19𝘛𝘏 1996
𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈

𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺,
𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦

     Solace pushed Shyori's head back up for the umpteenth time. She kept leaning to the side and Solace just knew she'd be waking up with a crick in her neck if she let her sleep that way. They had been in the car for almost two hours now—Shyori having fallen asleep within the first forty minutes, leaving Solace to enjoy the scenery alone.

They were on their way to Neverland as Michael had invited them to spend Christmas with him in his home after hearing that Solace's parents were going out of town for the holiday. Solace and Michael had met through her Uncle Quincy in 1986. Their family reunion that year was being held at his house and Michael—coincidentally—chose that same day to stop by Quincy's house to talk about some ideas that he'd gotten for his album.

His wife Peggy had let him in and told him what was happening but before he could leave, he was spotted by Kidada—Quincy's daughter—who basically snitched on him as her excitement alerted her father of his presence. Michael apologized for stopping by unannounced and told Quincy that he'd come back another day, but he was stopped by Solace's mother who more or less forced him to stay and enjoy a plate of food.

"I'm sorry about this, Quincy, I should've called." Michael shook his head watching Quincy approach him.

"No, Mike, you're all good, but yes you should've called." He placed a hand on Michael's shoulder chuckling.

"I just wanted to speak to you about something for the album, but it can wait, we'll talk another day."

"Ok." Quincy nodded. "Ok yeah you can stop by tomorrow." He started to open the door to walk Michael outside, but Peggy stopped them.

"You're more than welcome to stay if you'd like, Michael."

"Oh, thank you Peggy, but I don't want to intrude, it's a family day."

The sound of crying interrupted Peggy's response and Marlene walked into the Livingroom with her hands on the shoulders of Rashida.

"Del, y'all got some tweezers? Rashida's got a splinter."

Peggy answered instead of her husband, telling Rashida to come with her. She watched Peggy usher her crying daughter upstairs, only taking notice to Michael after they disappeared.

"Oh, hello, it's nice to meet you, Q, I didn't know you had other company coming over."

"Mike this is my sister Marlene, Len this is Michael Jackson." He introduced the two as his sister walked further into the room.

Obviously, she knew who he was, but Quincy knew that Michael always introduced himself, regardless of his popularity.

"It's very nice to meet you." Michael held his hand out to shake hers. "Quincy didn't invite me, I just happened to drop by, but I'm heading out now to let you all enjoy your day."

"Oh, he can stay if he wants, Quincy, he ain't hurtin' nobody. We got plenty food."

Quincy threw his hands up defensively. "I didn't say he couldn't!"