𝐓𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 22𝘛𝘏 1996
𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈

𝘛𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺,
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦

     When Solace woke up, the TV was off, Shyori's arm was across her chest and Michael was gone. Despite what she had said about Shyori falling asleep quickly, she ended up being the first to go to sleep. She couldn't really focus on the movie with what had transpired in mind, so she turned over with her back to the TV and forced herself to go to sleep.

She moved Shyori's arm off her chest and sat up rubbing her hand over the back of her neck. She stared off into space for a little eventually taking notice to the piece of paper on the nightstand before picking it up.

Good morning,
Mother called and said she wanted to see me, but I shouldn't be gone long.
Mr. Philips will make whatever you guys want for breakfast.
Love, Michael.

Leaving the first time they kissed definitely could've been pure coincidence, but not this time. She did believe that Katherine had called him as she knew Michael's mother to be an early bird, but she found it a little hard to believe that she'd told him to come over. She was almost positive that was his idea.

Part of her was kind of glad that Michael was gone but in the same breath, it made her a little upset that he just up and left before they had the chance to speak about what happened. Yeah, it was weird, but she didn't think it was weird enough for him to avoid her. They were two adults.

She got out of the bed and walked around it to the side Michael had slept on, reaching for the phone that was sat on the stand. The call with the chef didn't last long as she didn't want an extravagant breakfast and she knew Shyori wouldn't either. She hung up the phone just as her personal one rang, and she hurried to answer it before the ringing woke Shyori up.

"Hello?"

"Good morning child of mine, how are you?"

"Good morning, Mama, I'm fine. How are you and daddy?"

"We alright, sitting up here watching this TV."

As their conversation continued, Solace moved downstairs to the first level of Michael's room so she didn't disturb her sleeping daughter. There wasn't much to talk about, Marlene was simply checking up on her daughter and grandchild.

"You sure y'all alright up there with just y'all?"

Solace chuckled once. "Yes Mama, Michael is more than enough company."

"Ok well I'm glad it's not just the two of y'all. How is Michael doing?"

"He's uh...he's alright."

"Why you say it like that? What's wrong with him?"

"Nothing! It's just...he's not here right now."

"Where is he?"

Solace and her mother were very close. Growing up she was an only child and until she'd met Michael, she never had the luxury of having a best friend so naturally her mother was the person she'd gossip with and tell all her business to. She was the first to know about every guy she liked, every boyfriend and she damn sure was the first person to find out she was pregnant. It was no different now, even if the man question was her best friend.