𝐓𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 20𝘛𝘏 1996
𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈

𝘛𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘥𝘢𝘺,
𝘸𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦

     Shyori was up before her mother was. She tried to fall back asleep but after a few minutes she realized she wasn't tired anymore and got out of the bed to find something to do.

She quietly opened the door and made her way to the staircase climbing down them carefully and walked to the living room doors peeking inside. The living room was empty, so she walked towards Michael's room, placing her ear against the door to see if she could hear him but she was met with silence. She didn't want to knock not knowing if he was asleep or not so instead, she slowly twisted the doorknob and pushed one of the double doors open.

"Mimi?"

Michael had a bed upstairs and downstairs in his room. Usually, he slept upstairs but he'd would sleep downstairs if he didn't feel like walking up the stairs, was in too much pain to, or simply couldn't get comfortable in the bed upstairs. He wasn't in the bed downstairs, so she came to the conclusion that he was either upstairs or wasn't in the room at all.

She walked into the room leaving the door open and slowly crept towards the stairs, nearly holding her breath as she reached the top and saw him lying under the cover with his back to her.

"Mimi?" She whispered moving towards the bed.

"Yes?"

"You're awake?"

"Yes," he mumbled not moving from his spot. He'd been awake for a good thirty minutes thanks to a phone call that woke him up. His body was still tired as he hadn't slept long so he got back in bed hoping that sleep would come back to him.

He could kiss that goodbye now.

Shyori climbed in the bed and crawled to the top sitting on her knees as Michael turned lying on his back to look at her.

"Good morning."

"Good morning." He smiled softly with his eyes closed. "What are you doing up so early?"

"I don't know." She pulled her legs from beneath herself and sat with them crossed.

"Is your mother up?"

She shook her head. "No, I woke her up cause I'm bored, but she went back to sleep."

"So, the next best thing was to come wake me up huh."

"You were awake."

"And if I wasn't you were gonna wake me up."

She tilted her head to the side and tapped her fingers against her knee thinking. "Maybe."

"Yeah, you would've," he mumbled sitting up and rubbing his face.

The two sat in silence for a moment as they didn't know what to do. It was too early to be bouncing off the walls but clearly neither of them would be going back to sleep.

"Are you hungry?" He asked and she nodded. It definitely wasn't too early to eat.

"You want cereal or pancakes and stuff?"