𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 25𝘛𝘏 1996
𝘊𝘈𝘓𝘐𝘍𝘖𝘙𝘕𝘐𝘈

𝘖𝘯 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘺,
𝘸𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦

The little boy approached the window slowly and moved the curtain aside so he could get a better view. A smile spread on his face as he watched the snow fall upon the old man as he lifted his granddaughter into his arms for a hug.

The happy old man opened his eyes and caught a glimpse of the young boy in the window. He raised one hand waving to the boy and the boy returned it. He hugged his granddaughter once more before setting her down and turning to lead his family into his home.

His smile was permanent watching the family disappear out of the cold. He was glad that the old man had taken his advice and that it'd led to him being reunited with his estranged family.

"Kevin! What did you do to my room!?"

Michael watched the screen turn black as the movie came to an end and looked over at Solace who stretched her arms above her head. "Were you sleeping? After all that fussing over not falling asleep with the lights on?"

"No," she sighed dropping her arms. "And I wasn't talking about the lamp."

"It's the same."

"It isn't," she yawned. "I was falling asleep though."

"You could've gone to bed; you didn't have to stay up." He picked up the remote turning the TV off.

"I wanted to finish it though." She stretched her legs over his. She always put her feet in his lap, and he never cared. Though he couldn't say the same for her, whenever he tried, she shut it down immediately. "And I suggested that we watch it."

Michael nodded once not having anything else to say. His eyes shifted from hers to his watch to check the time and they widened a little as he'd forgotten that it was late.

"What time is it?"

He looked up from the watch. "Quarter past twelve."

"Oh, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." He gave her a closed smile. "Do you want to open one of your presents now?"

Immediately her mind went back to their conversation from the other day, and she wondered if there was another meaning to what he was asking. She could've just been imagining it, but she felt like he was talking about sex. Again.

"One of them?" She furrowed her eyebrows smiling. "How many did you get?"

"Yes or no!" He ignored her gesturing for her to hurry up.

"Ok, show me," she giggled shooing him and he stood going over to the tree.

She rested her head against her hand watching him look through all of the gifts he'd set under the tree. She hadn't seen him write any names on the presents he wrapped so she wasn't sure how he knew which ones were which but clearly, he did because he grabbed one and turned it around checking something before making his way back to her.

"Ok, open this one." He sat on the couch placing the wrapped gift in front of her.

She eyed him for a second and when he nodded his head towards the gift, she began tearing the paper off. She pulled all of it off revealing a black book and she looked at him again. She didn't understand what the gift was until she opened it and saw pictures of a newborn Shyori.