4 - Clueless

Max POV - June 13, 2012

We were flying for a while. The sun was already shinning but it wasn't quite noon yet, somewhere between 10 am and 12 pm, I guessed. I was trying to wrap my mind around everything that had happened yesterday and today morning. 'The betrayal of the Flock, Fang finding me and explaining what happened after I left, coming to Nebras—Wait—' I paused thinking deeply, 'How could've Fang caught up to me so fast, when I was flying at 300 kilometers per hour? Only I have that kind of speed...' My thoughts trailed of with the realization.

"Fang?" I called out loudly, so that he could hear me over the wind. "Apparently not." I grumbled under my breath. I took a deep breath to try again. "FANG!" I shouted at him. 'He didn't even notice! How can he be that deaf!?' Only a after I flew in his face, he answered.

"What?"

"I have been calling your name for a minute now." I was flying under him on my back. (A/N: I don't know how😅. Just go with it.)

"Oh, I was just thinking about what we'll do when we get to Pennsylvania." Answered Fang, looking down on me.

"Oh. So I have a question. How did you manage to catch up to me so quickly? I mean, I had a head start and you were all the way back in Oregon. I was also flying using my sonic speed and you don't have that power......." I paused, thinking.

"I don't know." He said shrugging his shoulders, "I just thought about catching up to you and my wings just....flew."

"Ok, then. Let's race to Pennsylvania." I flew from under Fang, to his side.

"So what will I get when I'll win?" He smirked.

'He smirked. He FUCKING SMIRKED!' I thought, infuriated. "Who said you'll win?" And to rile him up more, I copied his actions — I smirked. Fang's expression stilled. I could literally see the gears turning in his head. He turned his head forward and just shot off into the direction of Pennsylvania without waiting, focused on winning the race. "Hey! That's not fair!" I shouted after him and flew at my fastest speed after him.

~time skip (can someone name it?)~

'That was probably not one of my best ideas — using my fastest speed at the beginning.' I thought to myself. Since Fang got a head start, I had to catch up to him. But his speed was faster than my fastest, 'And he just discovered his power!' I was frustrated at this point.

I was almost in Pennsylvania, flying at my normal speed. Thinking of his smug grin that he'll have on his face when I reach him made me more frustrated. At this point I was just prolonging the inevitable by flying slowly. With a sigh I crossed the border into the state and started looking for Fang in the thick, green, summer forest.

I spotted him right away. He was hovering in between the clouds so that the guards at the border wouldn't see him. Next thing I know, Fang was in front of me smirking. 'God! I wish I could wipe the fucking smirk off.' I guess my irritation was visible since his smirk grew.

I flew past him at a slow speed, not wanting to deal with this shit. Unfortunately, to my dismay, he followed. But then again, where would he go? Then I heard him chuckle. "Shut up." I said, still facing forward.

"What? I didn't say anything." Fang replied.

"You know what you are doing."