-Signature faces-

(Sorry, This is my first ever story! So sorry if it sucks :l)

Barnaby was sitting in his house, in his lounge chair, he was smoking his pipe, holding it firmly in his paw, trying to relax after all the chaos that was caused today. He had heard a new neighbor was moving in, and Barnaby was pretty excited for that.. But one of the neighbors, Frank Frankly, was not. He seemed to be even more agitated than normal. 

Unfortunately,  Barnaby had gotten caught in the crossfire that was the argument. Sally and Frank had gotten into a heated debate on if the new neighbor was worth it.. Barnaby had only said

"Well I don't why you're judging em, when you haven't even met him Frank."

And all of a sudden Barnaby was caught in the argument.

Barnaby sighed as he put out his pipe, he needed to meet Wally for their hangout session, it was around 12PM..? He needed to meet Wally at 1.. As Barnaby got off his chair, he heard his rotary phone start ringing..

Ring... Ring... Ring.. 

Barnaby put his unlit pipe down on a coffee table, he reached out his paw and picked up the phone. He cleared his throat and began his greeting..

"Hello..? Anyone on the other end? This is Barnaby Beagle.." 

Barnaby heard the signature.. Slow.. The voice of his best friend.. Wally Darling. 

"Hello there buddy.. It's me.. Wally.."

Barnaby perked up immediately, he always loved talking to his friend Wally..

"Heya there buddy! How's my pal doing? We still on to hang out at 1PM?"

Barnaby could somehow feel Wally's smile through the phone.. The smile that always seemed to be plastered on his face.
Wally spoke soon after.

"Well I just hate to say this Barnaby.. But i've got.. other plans today.. I want to hang out with Frank." 

Barnaby was a bit confused about where this random hangout with Frank came from. Barnaby didn't like Frank very much. But who was he to interfere with Wally's life, he wasn't a dictator of his life.

"Well Wally, bud. I thought we planned to hang out today..? Didn't we? Or just my dog-gone memory failing me?"

Barnaby heard Wally's soft chuckle from over to the phone.

"Ha, Ha, Ha, very funny Barnaby. Yes we did, but I changed the plans last minute.. Is that alright?"

Barnaby didn't know what to do for the rest of the day, since his only plan was to really hang out with Wally.

"Sure that'll be alright Walls, I don't mind one bit. I'll find something for me to do."

Barnaby could almost feel Wally's smile perk up over the phone.

"Oh.. You need something to do Barnaby...?" Wally coughed slightly over the phone before keeping on with his sentence. "Well.. If you haven't heard that a new neighbor is moving in today.. You could help him move in..?"

Barnaby was surprised by this request, no one really asked him to do anything important like moving.

"Sure that sounds like it'll take up a bit of time."
Barnaby was just about to hang up before he quickly asked Wally one. question.

"Oh Walls, you haven't caught the neighbor's name have ya?"

Wally's smile grew wider.

"Of course, Barnaby.. His name is Howdy.. Howdy Pillar."

The phone line went dead.

Beep.. Beep.. Beep.

Barnaby shrugged it off, maybe Wally accidentally unplugged his phone, the neighbor would be here soon, and he shouldn't dilly dally. Although he was pretty accustomed to coming late, he didn't want to make a negative first impression.

(Word count: 571)