CHAPTER 1 - EXTENSION

A/N: Dear readers, I had to split the chapter 1 in order to reduce information overload.

~Hours later at Beacon Seed Academy~
In the dimly lit corridors, the chemistry class finally concluded, much to the bored learners' relief.

The faint scent of lingering chemicals wafted through the air, mixing with the energetic hum of students transitioning between classes.

Meanwhile, David and Gary navigated the bustling halls, the echo of their footsteps resonated against the cold, polished floors.

The ambient noise of students chatting and laughing formed a backdrop, but Gary's infectious humor cut through, punctuating the air with bursts of laughter and witty remarks.

He delighted in weaving jokes that spanned an array of topics. His lighthearted banter extended to David's awe-inspiring prowess in effortlessly vanquishing a group of Chaos Force's minions that had foolishly dared to challenge him the night before.

Reflecting on that fateful night, the unholy squad of sorcerers, all at the mage level, had ambushed David in a desperate bid to claim the coveted Map of Mysteries that he safeguarded.

They also targeted him for elimination.

But the following events that unfolded took a dire turn for them. They became scapegoats of David's newfound might - the 'Spirit Mode: Aura of the Divine.' In the blink of an eye, they were obliterated by the sheer divine prowess of their adversary, their fading consciousness unable to grasp the details of their demise.

Gary, still processing the intensity of David's abilities as well as the audacity of the Chaos Force, couldn't help but express his disbelief.

GARY: "Damn. I can't believe those sorcerers were daring enough to underestimate you. Were they tired of living?"

DAVID: "You can't blame their judgement towards me, Gary. After all, my super prowess as a brawler within the saint realm's hierarchy is considered trivial in their eyes. It's all thanks to this divine ability of mine that I was able to stand a chance against them."

David replied, his voice exuding calm confidence. But behind his composed demeanor, a complex expression danced upon his face, hinting at the intricate origin of his unique power.

His mind drifted back to a past when he and his second uncle, San Pedro, got attacked by a group of Chaos Force minions. That time also marked the day he acquired the coveted Map of Mysteries.

Modred, their leader, had gained knowledge of David's resurgence from the tragedy that occurred seven years ago. The notorious sorcerer also discovered David's intent to secure the coveted map relic that he painstakingly sought for years.

Unsettled and enraged, he issued a chilling decree for his minions to spare no effort in eliminating their teenage adversary.

David, who lacked the divine ability he now possessed, found himself ill-prepared to navigate such a perilous situation at the time. He also struggled to effectively contain the ominous seal known as the 'Six Parts of Destruction,' imparted within him.

Outnumbered and unable to contend with the combined might of the sorcerers, David and San Pedro faced a daunting challenge. The memory of an intense barrage of magical spells lingered in David's mind, accompanied by the haunting fear and desperation that engulfed him in the struggle for survival. In a dire twist, David found himself compelled to yield to the ominous seal.

It was his last resort for self-defense.

But in doing so, he inadvertently became a threat not only to his enemies but also to his ally, and most hauntingly, to himself.