Chapter 1

The Sakura Bound Girl

"Yinyue-Jun... Are you really going to do it?" a soft feminine voice called out to the back of the raven-haired man. She was a beautiful woman. Long hair braided down her back elegantly, purple hue shone like the deep violets under the moonlight giving a lighter color as it flowed with the winds, lilac eyes that shone with indescribable emotions  as she stared at the high elder. Alabaster skin smooth yet supple under the light. On the right side of her head is a hairpin with pale violet flowers resembling morning glories and a golden fan-shaped hair piece that was gifted to her. Despite his back facing her, the male could feel the eyes that pierce through him. "..."

Irritated with his silence, she frowned at his back. Long raven haired, dangling strands following the cold windy breeze of the ocean winds. Livid dull hue of eyes deep like stormy rain that never would see its end that she couldn't see from her place behind him, alabaster skin elegant yet smooth like water. Tall and structured like a tree wearing a hanfu[1] garment that was covered in dark turquoise, and delicately on the top of his head was teal and gold horns that seemed to shine among the blue structure around them. 

"I know how stubborn you are, Xiao Yue..." she stepped forth under she was just a hair's breath away from touching his stiff form. "...but please," she reached up after some hesitance and hugged him from behind, resting her head on his back as a sinking feeling in her guts told her that something bad would happen. "No matter what, come back safe." 

"...I will try." She felt more than saw his hesitation but his clawed hand gently place above hers. She knew he could not promise something he couldn't guarantee but she was still grateful for the effort at least. For a moment they stayed that way, lost in the comfort between them before she reluctantly released him. 

Watching his retreating back, she can't help but worry for him and his comrades. Not knowing that something was especially lurking for her.

 Not knowing that it would be the horror that would be told for generations to come.