Chapter 2

"Order up!" the chef called out. "Del, you good for this? Daisy's ... I don't know where Daisy is." he sighed.

"I got it, Marcus. Who knows where the hell she is this time." I sighed, both of us referring to the new waitress that was hired.

She's a good waitress, very much a people person and her customers always leave happy ... when she actually does her job. She's a young girl and easily distracted by boys and girls. We have a big college-age group of customers so ... off she goes the majority of her time.

"It's a big order, you need help?" Marcus asked.

"I got it, don't worry. What table?"

"Table 8, I'm sorry Del. I'll have to talk to Andrew about Daisy again. She can't keep doing this and still expect to keep the tips on top of it all when she's not doing shit." he complained.

"Don't worry about me." I smiled.

I passed a few of my regulars, shot them some smiles and 'I'll be right with yous'. When I stopped at table 8, I smiled at the familiar customers.

"You guys cheating on me?" I asked, grabbing the tray holder to set the heavy tray down.

"Hey gorgeous, te ves hermosa." Fenix said (you look gorgeous)

"You say that to all of the pretty girls?" I smiled.

"Of course." he chuckled.

"Mr. Campos, French Toast with bacon and an extra side of cheesy hash. Fenix, you've got the huevos rancheros with bacon. Giselle, I'm sure, has the triple berry crepes with a side of biscuits and gravy. The Denver omelette is for your new friend." I said as I placed the plates down.

"How do you always remember?" Mr. Campos asked, smiling at me.

"I just do. Just like I know that both of you like beers and tequila but will occasionally order a whiskey or gin." I replied, placing their breakfast drinks down.

"What do I drink?" Giselle asked as she slipped into the booth.

"Tequila, beer, whiskey sour, in that order."

"You're good." she smiled.

"I pay attention to my people." I said, winking at her.

"Not gonna ask who our guest is?" Fenix asked.

"Your guest is none of my business. I'll come back and check on you all in a few."

"See you tonight?" Mr. Campos asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there." I told them before going to get another order.

I went back to their table a couple of times and was introduced to their guest, not that I'll probably ever see him again. I did my job and continued to bring food out.

"How do you just know everyone?" Marcus asked as I dropped off an order.

"I bartend at Campos' place a few nights a week."

"You're just a bag of surprises, aren't you. I know who he is." he said.

"So do I but it's a secure job for fun and the tips are really good. I'm just a bartender."

"Just be careful." he warned.

"I always am, don't worry." I smiled.

After my shift at the diner, I ordered dinner to go and took it home. Marcus and the owner of the diner don't let me pay for meals so I definitely take advantage of that. Normally, I eat most of my meals here and I really appreciate Marcus for giving me cooking lessons when the day is slow. The man is an absolute angel.